17 January, 2013

My trip to the ER...

Let me tell you a story... In July of 2007 I left to serve a mission in the 'Deep Fried Food' South. North Carolina welcomed me to this new form of food. (Yes I was aware of it here, but didn't eat it as much as I did there) At this same time I started to have attackes at night.. physically PAINFUL attacks. I wasn't sure what was causing them, I started to eliminate foods from my diet (as much as I could-since members fed us most of the time).. but nothing seemed to connect the dots. This happen almost every night for the first three months... after that a few times a weeks. I didn't want to tell my mission president because I was afraid they would send me home... not smart, I know.
 Anyways when I came home and this ended immediately, it would happen every once and a while but nothing consistently. I started to notice that if I ate fast food or a certain type of food I would get sick, but didn't know what the tie was.  I read once that you can have physical anxiety attacks and I thought, that must be it! Why this story now? Well... I got the flu on Christmas and didn't eat anything for a few days. One night when I was feeling better, my parents took me, Peter, and Andrea to a movie and then decided to take us to dinner. We decided on Robintinos and we all had pizza. After eating two or three pieces of my little pizza I started to feel a little funny... I excused myself and headed to the restroom, by the time I got half way there, I texted my mom because I started to have a hard time breathing.  By the time I was to the restroom I couldn't breathe and was in more pain then I can describe.  I called her this time because I couldn't move... she came and found me hunched over crying and gasping for air. Long story shorter, a Doctor was in the lobby (where I was) and saw me and came to help. He asked me questions and I tried to answer them between gasps of air. 
He suggested they take me to lakeviews ER. 
SO off we went and they checked me in... They started taking tests, blood, doing X-rays, putting Iv's, and asking lots of questions. It was very painful but within an hour I was able to breathe calmly and talk normally. All the tests came back with, 'You're just where you should be and everything looks great'. They decided to do a CT scan and see how my organs looked.
That is an experience I will never forget... WOW! 
Anyways after a few more hours they came back and told me it's my gallbladder. It's not functioning properly and I have 4 gallstones. When you eat fats your gladder deflates and releases fluids to help digest the fats. Well mine doesn't, the doctor described it as trying to squeeze a bag of sand. So all the muscles and organs around  my gallbladder will freak out and spasm, causing a lot of pain. 
Since I hadn't eaten in a couple of days and then I ate a pizza (a highly fatty food) my body went into a serve reaction. The doctor said they can take it out or I can change my diet. Well I choose to change my diet!! I'm now living a new life style... I'm tying to eat much healthier! I'm still not perfect at it but I'm learning! I'm using the oils to help heal my gallbladder and trying to dissolve my gallstones. I'm happy to finally understand what has been making me sick with pain. I'm happy to have a direction on how to change my life for the better!

 I'm REALLY happy that I have amazing parents and family who have been there for me and who are willing to do anything to help me. I am actually excited for these changes! 
Here's to a new, healthier me!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! i had no idea this happened! scary!!
    i am anxious to hear how the oils help wtih that! good luck witht he new lifestyle!!

    ReplyDelete