
1 Nephi 8:21-23 “Those who start on the path but then become lost in the mists of darkness.”
1 Nephi 8:24-28 “Those who hold to the rod of iron until they reach the tree and partake of the fruit, but then become ashamed and fall away.”
1 Nephi 8:30 “ Those who hold to the rod of iron until they reach the tree and partake of the fruit, and who remain faithful”
1 Nephi 8: 31-33 “ Those who never start on the path but instead go directly toward the great and spacious building.”
It made me think.... Who am I? Where am I now? How far along am I on the path? Have you ever really thought about it like that?
I love this story because it's simple to understand. If you hold onto the rod it will lead you to the tree. That's it, it's that simple! All you have to do is hold on and put one foot in front of the other (easier said then done, I know).

One of my favorite people is Elder Wirthlin! Elder Wirthlin explained not only the importance of holding fast to the rod but also explained how to get back if we lose our hold: “ You must hold firmly to the rod of iron through the mists and darkness, the hardships and trials of life. If you relax your grip and slip from the path, the iron rid might become lost in the darkness for a time until you repent and regain your grasp of it.”
Hold on Tight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment