This past weekend has been a good one. I'm not sure why, but my heart has been rather tender. It started with me attending a class at a Montessori school. I have been doing some research on Montessori Schools to see if I can work at them. I was able to go to one and watch them work with their students for a little while on friday morning. The age is pre-school to kindergarten; with some students that have special needs. When I walked into the classroom the teacher, Miss Sherry, introduced me as a new friend who will be watching the class for a little while. One of the little Boys, Finn (who has down syndrome), came right up to me and hugged my legs. It really touched me, and made me so happy to be there. Everything made me want to stay and learn and help those kids! I don't know if it will work out, me working there, but I really hope it does.

Saturday morning was the first Relief Society Women's Conference. I texted some of my friends that were in the stake and none of them would go. It made me really sad! I felt bad that it wasn't a priority in their lives, like it is in mine. I was truly taught by the spirit! I learned and was prompted and loved every minute of it. Pres. Rigby spoke first and did a great job. One thing she said was to "be joyfully active." It wasn't the point of her talk and she moved right along but it made me stop and think... am I joyfully active? Do I take joy in the things that I am doing and am I helping others to be joyful too?

Sis. Wendy Nelson was the next speaker. A few things that stood out to me that she said, or talked about were 1.What would your Pre-mortal DVD look like? I then thought...Who was I? What were my strengthens? What were my priorities? Which lead to her "Pre-Mortal Commitments" - Things to do while on Earth.
Do you have a "Things to do on Earth list"? I don't... I know some might think of it as a bucket list... but I think it is much more than that. This isn't a list of 'check off's', I think this would be a list of 'becomes.' For example: know your family members, know the scriptures, attend the temple, be a mother, and help others. I haven't composed a list like that, I've never really thought about it before. I think I will think of it some more and see what I can come up with!
The other thing that she said was, "What would a Holy Woman do?" How would a Holy Woman start her day? How would she speak with others? What would she wear? Another thing I had never really thought about, but now I will. I would like to become a Holy Woman! I'm going to try a little harder to be better at that.
After that uplifting meeting I went home to prepare my lesson for Sunday School. Jacob 5-7. The Allegory of the Olive Tree. I have never really understood the allegory and so I had to, not only read it many a time, but read everything else I could find about it too. Once I felt I knew what I wanted to do, I needed to make sure it was going to make sense. So I practiced on Peter. Let's just say... I needed to work on it a little more. So I kept going, and going! I learned so much... I will have to talk about it in another post cause there is just too much.
After Jonah's Birthday dinner; I was, sort-of, asked to teach Family Home Evening. I pulled out my mission lessons and saw my 'Easter Lesson', I pulled it out and read it and decided to do it. With all of these emotions from this weekend, they finally caught up to me. Easter is a day or time to think and reflect on our Saviors Life and the beautiful gift of Life that he has given us. One of my favorite talks is by Elder Wirthlin, Sunday will Come. I bore my testimony and felt the every love I was trying to express. I'm looking forward to Conference this weekend and Easter the next!
Sounds like a great weekend!! You sure did a wonderful job on the lesson for FHE. Conference sounded awesome! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteMichelle -- I LOVE you. You are such an exceptional woman I stand in awe. I love learning from you.
ReplyDelete