05 February, 2012

Musicals are my Favorite

I think Musicals are so much fun!! Really I don't know a lot about them but still enjoy them so very much! A few months ago... like July 2011... I thought of an idea for a fun Girls Night. "Musicals" enough said, right?! Well this month I was able to have my little dream bloom into reality, and may I say.. it was a great dream!!!

The invitations were SO cool, take a looksee:
I had a great response! I was very excited and could hardly wait for the fun night to come!!
As each girl came in I was able to take their picture.
Can you guess their musical?!
Phantom of the Opera - A white glove filled with popcorn and candy.
Tiffany- West Side Story (A Shark), Chips and Salsa
Shannon-Summer Stock (Judy Garland), Pink Lemonade and Popcorn
Natalie- Into the Woods (the witch), Veggie Tray
Melissa- Legally Blonde (Ell Woods)- Pink Sugar Cookies
Kristina- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (brides on bottom, brothers on top with a 7 written on her back)- Apple Pie
Ashlee- Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins)- Spoons full of Sugar (plastic spoons full of chocolate and sprinkles)
Ashley Marie- Newies (Mr. Pulitzer), New York Chocolate Cheesecake
Ann- The Music Man (Marian), Kettled Popcorn
Liesl- Hello Dolly! Candy- 100 grand and kisses
Jenn- Wicked (Munchkin from Oz), Green Jello
Kathleen- The Starlight Express (train), Soda Pop's
Hillary- Beauty and the Beast (the feather duster), French Bread

We played "Name that Musical" and tasted our clues! Natalie won (a Musical CD) by guessing every single musical!! After her there was a little gap between how many were guessed (second/third prize was candy). We then had each person tell us what musical they were and chose a winner! Hillary and Liesl tied so they 'rock, paper, scissored' it and Hillary won
(the movie "Newies")!
Everyone voted and Ashlee won Best Dressed/ Best Costume! Ashlee's prize was super cool, popcorn, popcorn movie container, lots of candy, chips, drinks, and "Mama Mia" the Movie!
I had so much fun and was glad I have great friends who are willing to be silly and have fun with me!! Thanks everyone for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment