18 April, 2011

Change

*Warning: Lots of Words*
Lessons Learned:
-Things Change
(This picture has nothing to do with anything. Just thought it was cute)
When I came home from my mission 2ish years ago I prayed about where I was supposed to be in school, work and in church. If you haven't heard my school or work story I will share it at other time.
I was afraid of my singles ward. Afraid of a calling to be more specific. When I thought about where I wanted to be I thought about my family ward that I grew up in all my life and was separated from for a few months... maybe years. But you know that feeling you get when God is trying to telling you something and your a little afraid to pray about it because you know that the answer may be that you might have to change. Well that is what happened. I prayed about what ward to be in. The Orchard 14th ward was my answer. The following Sunday my records were read in and I had two callings. I was the Relief Society's Preach My Gospel teacher and a ward missionary. I loved both of these callings! After a few months of those I was called to be a counselor in the R.S. Presidency. After a few more months I was called to be the R.S. President (the feared calling). I have been serving in the R.S. Presidency for almost two years now.
(freak! ~I know)
Over these years the girls have changed constantly, my counselors have changed and I have grown to truly love all of these girls. It has been hard, stressful, emotional, and something I am so glad I experienced. As I said, I was scared to go to this ward. I had a feeling that if I agreed to follow the guidance from God I would end up where I am now. It worked out. Even though I thought it might not. It did. I have met some wonderful friends, and people who touched my life but will probably never see again.
Whats with the novel, you may be asking, well change is in the air. It makes me nervous and anxious and I can't do anything but wait.... and blog about it. So humor me while I rant and ramble about my life. It's my blog... thats why it's here. Until I know more....

No comments:

Post a Comment