05 January, 2014

Brave: An Adjective for One Who Possesses or Exhibits Courage



Jan. 1st, 2014
          Brave: An adjective for one who possesses or exhibits courage; endures or faces unpleasant conditions or behavior; valiant; courageous endurance.
          This year I am going to be Brave! I am going to do Brave things. I’m going to make great things happen!!

Jan 2nd
We set up for my first ever Bridal Show today. I felt like a very small fish in a very large pond, but I’m proud of what I’ve done so far. I got everything all ready and drove over to the salt palace.  I’m a little nervous but I think I’ve done everything I can to make it great.
            Today also opened the Family Reunion Sites for booking. It was a bit crazy this morning but it slowed down a little. I think Monday there will be a plethora of messages.

Jan 5th
3rd I want to be able to converse with new people easily. I will need to practice more. These bridal shows are helping with my fear of new people!

4th I did a bridal show!! I changed the way people saw ECR. It was fun, adventurous, great and I was blessed with courage!

5th “I have a Nephite in me!” Strong, Righteous, Courageous (BRAVE), Followers of Christ. I do have a Nephite in me; I can be that kind of a person too!
            The wedding show went better than I had expected! I mean I was very nervous that we wouldn’t have any one talk to us and they wouldn’t like my booth. Lots of people liked the booth and LOTS of people LOVED the centerpieces; that made me feel good! It was lots of work and I tried to stay positive and upbeat. It helped to make the experience better and manageable for the slower parts. We even got to know our neighbors. Carries Cakes and some photographer that I never caught his name. He was funny and was a great neighbor to have.
            It’s hard to try to sell something to people that really are just wanting candy! People would just take our candy and not talk to us. SO I stapled the candy to the brochure so they would at least take the brochure and who-knows, maybe one will look it over and we’ll see what will happen.
            I knew this before but it kind-a came out in full force that I am not one for conversations with strangers or new people. I don’t know why it’s so hard for me. But it really is! I feel awkward and I don’t want to make it awkward I just can’t think of things to say and I just don’t know. I need to work on that! I want to be able to converse with new people easily. I will need to practice more. These bridal shows are helping with my fear of new people!
            I tried to make some connections too! I told the photographer that if he wants to come take some engagement and bridals up at ECR we would post them and put a link to his website it he would let us use his pictures. I did the same kind-a thing with Carrie for a cake contact. We’ll see if that works out. I’m glad I tried to make some connections though.
            A couple of things that were hard, we don’t have an updated website and people really wanted to see the place now! I need to get pictures of the new flooring for the loft ASAP! That will really make a difference! We also need to do the Ogden bridal show.
            I also tried to tell Natasha about choosing a word for 2014. I explained that mine was BRAVE and that I thought adventurous would be a good one. She actually used the word first so I encouraged her and explained why I thought it would be a good word for her. SO on Friday we went to dinner at The Copper Onion ( I had the rainbow trout- SO good) and then we talked more about it on Saturday and went to have Indian Food (Royal Indian). She was sold on The Copper Onion but I might have pushed her a little too much on her first weekend with the Indian. I loved it so I was pretty happy!
            Testimony meeting was really nice today. Moses (I don’t know his last name) got up and said how BRAVE it was that people could get up there and bare their souls and thoughts. I thought to myself, yes, that it very BRAVE. I even thought about sharing mine, but I honestly couldn’t think of the words to say. I even thought about writing something down, but I was listening to the other testimonies and I may need to make it happen next month. I just thought that is something I am going to need to do… It’s been years since I have shared mine in sacrament meeting.
            One person said, not meaning to but still, “I have a Nephite in me”. It got me thinking, when I think about Nephites, I think of strong, righteous, courageous (BRAVE), sons of Nephi, and followers of Christ. I do have a Nephite in me; I can be that kind of a person too! It may not have been much but it really made me think and want to be like that.
            We had a mingle and I tried to mingle, not very hard I’ll admit, but I was at a table full of new people and tried to get to know them! I’m going to get better at it!  It was a rather busy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You are one awesome brave woman, Michelle!!! I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete