19 January, 2014

Jan 13th- 19th


Jan 13th-
Tiffany: “Michelle, I was thinking… We need to find you a musical man!” Me: “A forever plaid kind-a fella? Sign me up!”
            Well I messed up my schedule and now have to drive to work THREE days THIS week! Oh man- I hate it!! Oh so many thoughts when it comes to this job…
            Oh a better note, I went to a play tonight. Forever Plaid, I’ve seen it once before and I really liked it. I think it’s because I like 50’s music. It was a hard one for Sadie and Easton to understand but they seemed to still enjoy the music (at least that’s what they said). When we were leaving Tiffany says, “Michelle, I was thinking… We need to find you a musical man!” Me: “A forever plaid kind-a fella! Sign me up! Tiff: ‘YES! Someone who is a music and play kind-a guy!” (So those reading, if you know any- let me know)
            I love music; it speaks to my soul better than most anything else. When I cant fall asleep, I dream of singing on the stage. I don’t know why this helps, (because the thought in real life would have the opposite effect) but it seems too. I could sing and listen to music forever and ever!

14th-
I was surprisingly excited to go to institute. I really love to learn new things and this was one of those days I got to learn new things. We talked about the Islamic religion.
            Well three hours in the car with no Itouch… not a fan! But the day went smooth enough. I was able to meet with a great new bride, Amanda and Austin, they are going to be a fun couple! They were the ones that started crying at the wedding show when I told them their date was taken. I’m glad it worked out!!
            I also met with Tasha, she had a list of items to work with me on. It was fun to see her using my do to lists and have them help her. We had a whole bunch of things to go over! It was nice to be up there and help her complete her to-do list.
            I was surprisingly excited to go to institute. I really love to learn new things and this was one of those days I got to learn new things. We talked about the Islamic religion. And as much as I am embarrassed to admit it, I don’t know anything about it. So again, I’m excited to learn about this.
Next week we are talking about their doctrine but here is some information we talked about.
Mohammad was born in 570 AD. He lived in Kabul, Kabul is where Ishmael settled and lived.  It’s where ‘Mecca’ is and it’s the direction in which they pray towards (physically). Mohammad had a visit from the Angel Gaberail 3x in a cave and then once in daylight. It was the same message each time, Mohammad never wrote down what the Angel told him but recited it to the people. They eventually wrote it down into what is now known as the Koran.
Mohammad had a vision that he went to Jerusalem (to the place where the holy of holies (arch f the covenant), it is called the Night of Vision and Ascension. He was shown the world and was taught and shown many miracles (also in the Koran).  He was ridiculed, and thought to be crazy and was hated for his vision. Sounds a lot like Joseph Smith!
            At the end of the lesson Bro…. read some scripture. D&C 93:19-20 “and know how to worship, and know what to worship”. It is a beautiful thought to learn how to worship and what to worship. It was a wonderful lesson!

15th-
The Slim & Sassy Challenge started today. It’s a challenge to change your lifestyle to be something better! I want to change to be someone better! 
             Wednesday. What more to say. Just kidding, it was full of work and getting ready to go up to the resort again. I worked on the RV show, Tasha asked me to redo the booth for that too. I’m honored and worried. Trying to live up to her expectations. I really hope I can make it work!
The Slim & Sassy Challenge started today. It’s a challenge to change your lifestyle to be something better! I want to change to be someone better! I need to get to work on those goals: I want to be Brave and Confident! I want to take the LLV daily.  I want to lose 24 pounds. I want to help others learn about health. (so if you're reading this and want to hear about how I lost 55 pounds last year and my plans to shed some more- please let me know!) I will use Deep Blue and the LLV, but I already changed that to the V shake! Here it goes!!

16th-
                  It was a busy day, but a nice busy. I was able to get almost everything on my list checked off. The things I didn’t check off I’m not crazy worried about.

Worked at the Resort today. I went up to work on a list of projects but mostly to meet with a new bride and groom. Risse (Reese) and Chris, what a pair! I couldn’t get them to talk to me. They didn’t have anything planned and I could read them at all! I felt like they will book but really I couldn’t know. I’m not sure what this wedding will be like, if it happens!
 Tasha asked me to help her make a new menu for the restaurant. Again honored but feeling the pressure. My bride and groom were over an hour late so while I was waiting I helped her with it. It was good day!
The relief society had a Christmas Party, yes a Christmas Party. Ours was cancelled because of a crazy snowstorm in December but they rescheduled it for tonight. I got there and they were making the cinnamon ornaments and chatting. I went and chatted too. I went to socialize and I did. That was a good thing for me. Then we played White Elephant, I didn’t bring anything because I didn’t want anything, but they brought an extra and so I ended up playing. I got a Calendar, which I needed, so I was happy.  

17th-
I was getting all the wedding decoration flowers and what not’s. I must say I like being able to buy things without it coming out of my bank account.
            Yippee for Fridays. It was a day full of RV show prepping and the website. It was just another day working, than I got to out into the world and spent some money! I was getting all the wedding decoration flowers and what not’s. I must say I like being able to buy things without it coming out of my bank account. I almost have everything I need, I’m missing a few large things but I need to search for those things. I really hope I can find them!!
           
18th-
I just daydreamed of that happening for the past 5 minutes or so… just now am I coming back into reality!! Funny!
            I couldn’t get anything to work (electronics) for me this morning. I had to just leave without knowing for sure where I was going. No one would answer their phones or answer their texts. So I followed the spirit and made it there with 2 minutes to spare! I’m very grateful for the "leading" that got me to the location I’ve only ever been to once! It went well, not that I had expected anything else but I’m glad it went well. 
            After it was over, I had a few of the members come up to me and tell me they think that I’m going a great job and they appreciate my work. It was very nice to hear and I’m glad they were so kind about it! I wish they would express their gratitude in my paycheck though J or by letting me stay in a condo during the summer!!  I just daydreamed of that happening for the past 5 minutes or so… just now am I coming back into reality!! Funny!
             When I came home I spent a good 45 minutes doing the dancing Wii games. Ya-know I needed and wanted to exercise. Then I watched TV and waited for Ashley Marie to come over.  She came over and stayed (a long time) and we chatted.  We talked about the holidays and how different they were for us. We talked about the changes and things that have happened this past year. It was mostly a pep talk for her and to give her some motivation for this next year!
In doing that we talked about my calling too.  I thought about how I can help get involved and how I can be more involved in our ward. I think I would like to talk to the co-chairs about doing a “Who do you think you are?!” Doing a spotlight on someone in the class about where they can from and who they are. I also think I need to join the choir so I can be more involved in the ward, and have a chance to get to know others in the ward. Then I also need to go to the family history library and see if they can help me! I have lots of areas to improve on in my life, and this is one of them!

19th-
            I decided on some sub-words to my goal to be BRAVE: Read (books, turn off the TV/ computer), Study (Scriptures, PMG, Institute), Try (Something new), Do (What needs to be done), and Go (to the Temple)!
I will make more of these words to post on my wall with BRAVE.
            Did you know that flossing is like the Gospel of Jesus Christ? No one knows if you floss or not. It’s up to you to do it everyday. Flossing helps protect you, prevents sickness, and keeps you healthy. When you go to the dentist, he knows by looking if you have flossed or not. When you start up after not flossing, it can be hard and sometimes you forget, sometimes it’s hurtful and you can even bleed. But you keep doing it you become stronger and stronger. This is the Gospel; the Gospel is like flossing! This was a speakers thought on the Gospel.
The other speaker spoke of our promise to share the gospel that we make every Sunday and that we made at our baptism. It was a beautiful reminder, You Promised!
We had the January birthday dinner tonight. It was nice to be with the family (minus Moosman-still sick). It feels like it’s been a while since they have been here.  It was good fun! It’s been a nice Sunday! 

1 comment:

  1. Ummm.. I haven't seen a picture of you for a while, and you look AMAZING!! I didn't know you lost that much, way to go! I knew you were working on it, but haven't been on blogger in a while. :) I miss your guts! You are doing amazing things! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete