05 January, 2014

2013 Recap- Changing

Yup... It's 2014... I haven't posted in... a few months. It became very busy once I started my new job at East Canyon Resort. Lots of crazy things have happened since and I'm sure will never stop happening. I will not try start where I left off so I'll do what I like, bullet points and my scrapbook pages.



In General:
My theme for 2013 was Change- I am Changing- and I did!
-Dad renovated the cabin-looks wonderful- he has done such a great job! 
-I lost 55 pounds on with my new lifestyle :)
-I got a new 2003 Honda Civic- it saves money in gas- Thank you Emily!
-I have a new wardrobe. 

April:
-Started working at East Canyon Resort as the Special Events Coordinator.
-Lived in Andy and Tiffanys Trailer- Thought I might die a few times due to hypothermia.
-Met "Fluffy" the porcupine.
-Went to the Symphony with Jackie

May:
-John Williams Symphony Night
-Turned 28- WHAT?!
-UOFU Leadershape retreat at ECR- I had to stay up there the entire week.
-Princess Party- SO much fun with my family and Prince John Charming.
-Mother's Day Celebration- Spent time with my family as they came to the rescue and helped me pull off this event.
-Secret Garden at Centerpoint
-Memorial Day Activities at ECR included: Kids Games (Coloring Contest), Movie Night (Wreck-It-Ralph), ATV Poker Ride, Ice Cream Social, Family Concert, and Chuck-wagon Breakfast.

June:
-First Deer Hunt Meeting/ Work Day
-Father's Day Turkey Shoot- this was so much fun!
-My sweet Grandpa Moosman was reunited with his sweet bride on June 15th. It was a hard but nice time with the faily.
-SLC Arts Fest!
-First Wedding-Brigett-Her second wedding and a late musical night- (I was SO nervous! Turned out just fine though)

July:
-Festival of Speed
-Fireworks
-Sadie's Baptism
-Independence day ECR activities- Chuck-wagon breakfast, women's wood block craft, blow-up kids games, polynesian island dancers, funnel cakes, face painting (ya-amy!) and caricatures.
-Ben Jones's Retirement Party
-Another Wedding-Stacey-wood flowers and the bride got drunk and did the worm in the rain...in her dress.
-Half Marathon-James... 5am, yeah that will not be happening next year.
-Fiddler on the Roof at Centerpoint.
-Another Wedding- Melanie- turquoise and orange- this was a horrible experience because of the family and guests. I was very happy it was over.
-Another Wedding- McKalie- The Motorcross bride- I did the flowers for this one- it was the most creative and it ended early, which I loved.

August:
-Another Deer Hunt Meeting/Work Day
-Another wedding-Sophie- My hippie bride- This was one of my two favorite brides. She had a great bridal party that were all very close. The officant hit one me-awkward.
-Another wedding- Jessica- I loved working with them and loved almost everything about the experience. I wish all my brides were like this! The best man hit on me- a random nice lady in a bathing suit made the experience awkward.
-Another wedding- Sammy- Fish bowls, dollar store flowers, no help, rain, stress, yet it all worked out!
-Candyland Family Reunion- Rained on my parade but was still fun to be with the family!

September:
-Labor Day Activites ECR- 'Chance's Grand Adventure', ATV/Walking Treasure Hunts, Chili-Cook-Off, Wagon Rides, Chuck-wagon breakfast, members market, Halloween craft.
-James Taylor Concert with Motab! Was an AMAZING concert!
-How to succeed in Business without really trying at centerpoint.
-Aromatouch training with Tiffany.

October:
-doTERRA Convention
-Employee Halloween Party
-Rifle Deer Hunt opening weekend- 4am and freezing (I watched a movie, read much, and looked strange-people made fun of me)
-Into the Woods at Centerpoint
-Halloween Party at the House

November:
-Movember Party
-Started working from home
-Working on Flooring for lodge
-Working on a new website
-Deer hunt info due and started working on next years stuff
-Thanksgiving Employee Lunch
-Thanksgiving at the Church with left-overs :)
-Moosman Family Christmas Party at Rudds
-Sold Grandpa's house

December:
-Temple Square with YSA
-Festival of Trees
-Employee Christmas Lunch- So much fun!
-Frozen came out- LOVE music- Let it go!
-White Christmas
-MoTab Christmas Concert with the dwarf from Lord of the Rings.
-Frozen...for a second time with almost the whole family.
-Gingerbread houses with YSA- fun activity.
-Snowmobiling trip to the cabin to decorate tree.
-Christmas- family time, wonderful gifts, and a trip to the hospital (mom has whooping cough)
-New Years at Gublers: firecrackers, dancing, bubbly, noisemakers, the works!

For Christmas I received (this is just for me):
-Four pairs of shoes (two BOBS, brown boots, and blue booties)
-Hogwarts stationary including postmarked by Hogwarts and stamps.
-No!No!
-Jane-a-Day: 5 year journal and a Jane Austen signature pen- It's a beautiful set!
-Persuasion: a Latter-day tale (I read it the next day- loved it)
-Preach my Gospel- mini version.
-Scarfs from my Grandpa that he brought but from Vietnam during the War to give to my Grandma. Beautifully kept!
-Peter gave me a necklace of NC. The proceeds go to Brain Tumor research at a University in NC.
-Book on CD read by my Dad and Mom and Updated Jingo cards.
-Stocking stuffer goodness!

1 comment:

  1. It was a great year...glad you were part of mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete