Jan 6th
I have four consultations set, one wedding
booked, and one pretty sure they are going to book! I think it’s going to be
another busy summer!
It
was a busy day calling people back, but a good one. Only one problem in the
scheduling and it wasn’t my fault so that’s good. For FHE they are going
country dancing and I’m not into it so I’m going grocery shopping instead.
Jan 7th
It hurts my soul to think about, and yet I
always think about it. One day… One day has been my mantra for some time now.
One day… One day it will happen…
Today
Institute starts. Peter wants to go to the Mid-singles (I think its funny peter
can even go to these now) class and I’m ok with it because Pres. Saylin was
released as a teacher. He was a great teacher. It’s good though that we are
trying something different!
Today
I found out that I may not get back pay for the money I was not paid April to
December. I am rather disappointed. I am a good asset to East Canyon Resort and
I’m not sure that is being represented. I get so wishy-washy about this job. I
feel like I’m doing great things and helping the resort become a better more
profitable company but there are problems, lots of them in fact.
All
companies have struggles though. I think I might have an unrealistic
expectation of work. I guess… I mean, I didn’t think so but maybe I am wrong. I
really don’t want to go through the process of finding a new position… where,
and what would I do.
It
hurts my soul to think about, and yet I always think about it. One day… One day
has been my mantra for some time now. One day… One day it will happen…
Jan. 8th
“Who
are you? I am Muhammad.” Who are you? I am a daughter of God, I am His loved
spirit child raised by incredible earthly parents!
Institute…
the teachers are great, the class however…not so much. I was surprised how many
people were there and how CRAZY smart these people are too (all working on
masters in biology or medical techs). Yeah I’m the 'not so smart one', we all
need one and I guess I’m the one in this class. O-fun!
The
class actually corrected the teachers!! It drove me crazy! I felt embarrassed
and awkward for both the corrector and the teachers. Any who, I think I will
learn a lot from this class, and the teachers. One thing that I loved, that I
have never heard before was that Buddhist people (I have to speak generally
because I’m not sure about specifics here), instead of asking, “How are you?”
they say, “Who are you?” to which the person would reply, “I am Muhammad.”
Which means ‘Man of Peace’.
This
struck me. In fact, I love it! I love that instead of asking how (emotions) you
are, they are asking who (define) you are. It made me reflect and ponder on WHO
I am. I felt good that I could answer it. I am a daughter of God, I am his
loved spirit child raised by incredible earthly parents. What do you think? If
someone asks you ‘Who are you?’ How would you answer?
Jan.9th
It’s snowing! It’s beautiful, sparkly and
clear. I love the look of snow, when the sun hits it and it shimmers, as if
millions of baby diamonds are being born!
Beautiful!
It’s been snowy all day actually. Not a lot happened today, kind-a boring, yet
I was still busy! I woke up, right before 9 (had a hard time sleeping), worked
on my CRAZY slow computer, I cannot even tell you how slow. I felt as if I have
been in slow motion all day!
Then
I exercised, for 20 minutes, than made a yummy dinner (Salmon). And now I am
here… and now I think I will index and maybe clean my room. OHHH, I bought a
swimming suit! Actually it’s a unitard, funny word, because it looks more comfortable
than a bathing suit. I hope it fits!!
Jan. 12th-
Maybe it's the guy's character, thats usually what happens, I like the guy's character in the movie but not the girls, girls are just dramatic.
Maybe it's the guy's character, thats usually what happens, I like the guy's character in the movie but not the girls, girls are just dramatic.
I
slept in this morning, it was nice, and I slept through the night! Then I went
to church and enjoyed sacrament meeting about fulfilling our callings. I really
do want to full fill my calling but I let things get in the way. I want to do better with that!
Amy
and the baby came up to help to dad with a project. So I got to play with baby for
a bit. Feels like I haven’t seen them in so long! I miss being with me family!
I
wasted my days off! I had good plans but alas, I got sucked into watching a TV
series (Downton Abbey). I HATE it when I do that. I get SO wrapped up in them that I have a
hard time getting over it! Meaning, when I start something, I just want it over. Even if I really like it. I just want to be done with it. I will want to re-read or re-watch it though because I wont remember it all. So I do not have much to say about those days. I did
start a new book- it’s about Jane Austen. It’s not written by her, just
thoughts about her life and how we could apply those topics or principals. AND NOW, the Man from Snowy River. Have you seen this?! It's a great movie. I'm not sure why I like it so much to tell you the truth, the girls character draws me a little batty, yet I still really like it. Maybe it's the guy's character, thats usually what happens, I like the guy's character in the movie but not the girls, girls are just dramatic. It's beautiful music, a neat romance story, with family and wild horses... love it!
Here's to other great week!!

All I can say, Michelle, "Like Mother, like Daughter!" Hope that's not a bad thing!!! ;)
ReplyDelete