02 March, 2014

Feb 16th-23rd


16th- I walk in, slowly, looking terrified!


What a WINDY drive! I went to church with Mom and Dad, left at 11:00, eat lunch then headed out. I got about two hours in and a BAD sound happened and I drove to the next exit to check out what caused said sound. Oh my car was just coming apart! SO I shimmied under and made a plan. LUCKILY, I had a random tool (I don’t know what it is called) that was the PERFECT fit to completely remove the ‘broken-hanging off of my car’ part. I shimmied under there again and fixed it (or removed the problem if you will). Did I mention it was windy… really windy? So as I am trying to find said tool, in my trunk, the wind blows the trunk down onto my forehead, hard. Now I have a big red mark across my forehead, great. 




            I only make one stop because I’m worried I wont make it by 4:00pm. I get there (4:30) and NOW I’m really nervous. I walk in, slowly, looking terrified! They chat with me and show me the resort and make me sign away my life (ya-know incase I die). And I have to unpack FAST because I have to meet the trainer to have my weight in and other test thingies. Dinner was at 5:30 and I walked in and saw an empty table and thought, safety, but then I thought, HELLO- you’re here to be brave!! Go meet people! So I did. For dinner we had Fried Chicken (Biggest loser style) and roasted veggies.
            After Dinner there was an Orientation Meeting where we had to introduce ourselves and go through lots of other random things. I was tired at this point! Once it was over I’m thinking BED. I get all ready for the next day, call home, check emails and get into bed. If it only ended there….


Feb 17th- SO I was, focused on the ground, so when I got lost I thought, “this really doesn’t look familiar, but I was starring at the ground!”
            I woke up… every hour (every time the heater kicked on). So I’m surprised how well I did today with so little sleep. Tonight will be better!
5:35am Wake up and get ready
            6:00am Warm-up/ stretch class: Surprisingly nice!
             6:30am know your gym. They taught us how to use all the equipment in the gym (some I’ve never seen and REALLY had no idea).
            7:00am Breakfast: Berries, Granola with almond milk and a side of egg whites.

            
7:45am Hike descriptions: They told us what was going to happen at these hikes and who we’d be going with and where.
            8:00am Leave for hikes Anna-saw-zee and we went about 5 miles. Mine was five minutes away and so we got to get going quickly! I was nervous but excited and yes, I got lost… I really did, and lead 
someone else astray! I am SO proud of myself though!! I finished, I made the whole thing… yes I am in the beginner class but I DID IT! Once we got there were told they have three guides, one leader, one in the middle and one at the end. I was consistently in the middle of the leader and the middle guide. We got to hiking (the hike was a total of 2.5 hours) and these are fitness hikes not time to sightseeing. So they don’t want us bringing cameras and stopping to take pictures. In fact they said you really should be focused on the ground.  SO I was, focused on the ground, so when I got lost I thought, “this really doesn’t look familiar, but I was starring at the ground!”
            Anyways, it all worked out! They had to send one of the guides to find us and then we still had to hike the remainder of the hike, but it was great all the same. We made it to see some hyrogilfics, which was really neat!
I did get a blister! I tried to prevent it but it still came, I will have to make some changes for tomorrow! I’m excited for the hike tomorrow!
11:15am Inbody 520 results. This class reviewed the results to a body test we took when we arrived. It was interesting and informative.
12:15pm Lunch: Chicken Veggie Soup & Pita Pocket with BBQ chicken with Hiccoma and pineapple Slaw and steamed veggies.
1:00pm Know your heart rate and Core Fundamentals: this class was learning about why you take your heart rate, where it should be and why, and also a few other helpful tips to help you lose weight and maintain the weight loss.
2:15pm Intro to Circuit: They taught us about the Circuit class that we were going to have. What machines to use in what order, how long, etc.
2:30pm Core Training. Uh, okay… My core, uh, zero muscles. We used a balance ball and to say the least I have no balance! It was hard and it was only the beginning…
3:15pm Recharge: Snack and break. The snack I got was a Vanilla protein smoothie. (Vanilla protein shake with ice, half a banana, and a very little almond milk- it was good, and it was vegan).
3:45pm Circuit Training. This was intense! There are about 30 stations and every other is a cardio then a muscle building one. Two minutes at each then switch to a different station. At the end it was really hard to keep going, but then my song came on! Brave- it seriously (almost) made me cry! It helped push me through to the end and then almost fall of the elliptical (my legs were tired). It was great!! Hard but honesty; great.
5:00pm Fats, Carbs & Proteins: This class taught us about the good and the bad. I really like the lectures; it gives my body a chance to breathe and then a chance for my mind to really work. ***Oh dear, I just tried moving from the spot I was sitting and I’m SO sore!***
5:45pm Dinner: Green Salad, Shrimp quesadilla with a slaw and an orange for dinner. I had coconut cheese (I don’t eat dairy) and it was interesting… kind-a-gross. I would rather not have any form of cheese. BUT it was a new experience.  They always serve dessert at dinner, tonight it was a cobbler but I don’t eat some of the ingredients so I had an orange instead. Which, so far I’m okay with!
6:30pm Met with a random lady here to ask random questions about the resort and her experience. This is just something I did, to help me and to practice my mingling skills. Which, as some of you know, I don’t like to mingle, and I have had to mingle LOTS while staying here and so far I’ve only had one awkward moment (or 30 minutes).
7:00pm Spend more money. I bought some blister stuff and I’m spoiling myself with a new camelback (the cheapest one they sell).
7:30pm Get ready for tomorrow and get ready to take a HOT lavender oil bath and then COVER my body with Deep Blue.
8:15pm Call home and email brides (they get crazy of you don’t respond within so many hours). Write in Journal… and now… bed.

Feb 18th- Another day in paradise… boot camp paradise! Today I thought I might actually collapse!
But I didn’t, I kept going and kept trying, even when that meant barely moving.
5:35am Wake up and get ready
            6:00am Warm-up/ stretch class: I’m so sore it was like a workout, but it felt good. It was suppose to be a warm-up/ core class and the trainer forgot and just did a warm-up. No one pointed it out! But when she remembered (five minutes left of class) she told us that on Thursday she’d make up for it- uh scary!
            7:00am Breakfast: Honey dew, Oatmeal with dried fruit and nuts and a side of egg whites.
            7:45am Hike descriptions: Today we found out what group we go into. I’m still in a beginner class (which I’m very happy with) and we were assigned a van. The van is your group for the rest of the week unless you request a change in the intensity.
8:00am Leave for hikes: 3rd Ravine is the hike I did. This hike had more ups… and lose rocks… I had to go a little slower on the downhill (harder on my knees). It was about 4 miles and we made it to this large cave! We even had some picture time! I really like the outdoors and would love to see more!
11:15am Life Coach: Life Balanced. She talked about the five areas of our life’s and how much of ourselves we dedicate to each area. She then went over things we could do to help gain balance in each of those areas.  It was interesting and enlightening.
12:15pm Lunch: We had Cauliflower soup, and Chicken with mushroom risotto. Very good!
1:00pm Calorie challenge: We all get together and they show us different food items and we have to guess how many calories are in that food item. Today’s challenge: Pizza!  I don’t eat pizza and today I’m glad! I was WAY off in the calorie game but it was very interesting to see how many calories there were in the different pizzas (Dominos, Papa Murphy’s, etc.)
1:30pm Cooking Demo: Chef Sam (the resorts chef) showed us how to make some of the meals that he had the past couple of days. He also showed us products he uses in his kitchen and why. He told us why and how much and everything. I felt good because some of the products he was using are product I (mom) use at home (and some we should use)!
2:30pm First Chance Work-out: Okay people…. Okay…. It was really hard. I knew I didn’t have strong (or any really) core muscles or upper body strength. Today it was rubbed in my face and not nicely! It was Really intense and I thought my limbs were quiet literally going to fall off. BUT they didn’t and I finished. The class was by Seona (Biggest Loser Contestant) and wow he remembers all to well what he had to do and is making us live through it too. It was all one minute intervals-up to 8 minutes, the first minute you did 4, the second-8, third-12, and so on. The first 8 minutes was sit-ups (or twice as many crunches), the next 8 minutes we push ups, the next were squats (first 5, second 10, third 15, etc). Once that was done you had to 2 laps (run half the length of the gym and back to your mat= one lap), 3 crunches (At this point I could barely do a crunch let alone a full sit-up), then 4 push ups (also I had to do them on the wall because I couldn’t do them on the floor), then 5 squats- each minute. He enjoyed himself…
3:15pm Recharge: Break and snack. I was SO hot all I wanted was something cold so I got the protein shake again. It was good and cold.
3:45pm Deep End Suspension. This was my first pool class and it was not what I expected (I should stop thinking about anything, nothing is what I expect). It was VERY uh hard. We didn’t stop moving the entire time, and I couldn’t really reach the bottom (Yeah it was suppose to be deep end-meaning you weren’t suppose to- but I couldn’t do half of the things she wanted us too). It was fun and I would rather do that, because I still got a wok-out but the whole no gravity thing helped my knees. **Side note: Sharen (trainer) saw me later and commented how cute and funny I looked doing the pool. She said, “I would go over to try and yell something at you and your face would be the only thing sticking out of the water and you’d look at me like, ‘Do NOT ask me to do something different, I cant keep my face above water! You did a great job though!”
We had a little time to hurry and shower and get to our next class.
5:00pm Facts of Weight Loss: This was a rather interesting class. She went through different reasons/ myths we gain weight and what and help us. At this point my body was getting stiffer and stiffer and I was ready for the hot tub! I was interested and enjoyed the class but when it was over I was glad I could go eat and head to the hot tub.
5:45pm Dinner: Turkey steak with yam fries and steamed broccoli, for dessert they had chocolate covered strawberries and I had a WONDERFULLY tasting orange- seriously it hit the spot!

6:30pm Hot tub: I went to my room- which have I mentioned that I’m on the second floor. So every time I had to change (clothes, shoes), get my notebook, drop something off, I have to go up and down these flights of stairs. AND the lecture room is up stairs too- I thought that was kind-a rude. Anyways I needed a hot tub experience to help loosen my muscles and then I came back to my room to shower the chlorine off and cover my body with deep blue. 
8:00pm Ice packs and heating pad. Yup, I’m trying to get my knees ready for another day… I wish I could do the same for the rest of my body… but I know I will just be sore all week (seriously though I can’t laugh or breathe hard).
8… something: call home- talk to my wonderful parents about my crazy day and OH my blister has a blister! I’m not even kidding. I did what they said and it didn’t work, so now I have my first blister and it now has a blister (I have a few more but that is the one that reminds me, very step I take, that it hates me. SO tomorrow I will have to try something new! And prep for tomorrow.
9:30pm Bed: Well I’m trying to be in ‘bed’ (as in I want me head on the pillow focusing on sleep) by 9:30. (people my neck is sore!!) Good night!

Feb 19th- It started really ruff but ended nicely. I found out today that Tuesdays are called Teary Tuesday and Wednesdays are Weeping Wednesdays. 
            Does that tell you something about how crazy this place can be!
            5:30am wake up and get ready
            6:00am Stretch class- This felt SO good after such a sore day! Who knew stretching could have such an amazing affect. By all means it didn’t take it away but made it easier to move.
7:00am Breakfast- Strawberries, Egg Scramble- egg whites with turkey sausage (I still don’t like sausage but I tried it) and a piece of toasted whole wheat bread.
8:00am Hike: Today we did Camel Back. Oh dear this was all up hill! It was a beautiful area though. I did it and it was great. I (and one other) even climbed down into the vortex. It was scary but really cool! I really enjoyed the hike and being outdoors. It was rather away so the hike was only 3 miles but much harder because of the incline and terrain.
11:15am Life coach: Emotional Health. This was really interesting; it was a good class to learn about how to become emotionally intelligent and what that means.
            12:15pm Lunch: Chili. This was a SPICY Chili! In fact I couldn’t finish it because it was so spicy!
            1:10pm First Week Announcements: Reviewed what to expect the rest of the week.
1:15pm Emotional Eating: She reviewed different types of emotional eating types and the how to avoid such things.
2:30pm Kickboxing: I have never kick boxed before and was nervous but surprisingly excited! And I LOVED IT! I couldn’t do a lot of the leg stuff with my knee but they showed me how to alter those things to where I could. It was fun and a work out! At this point in the day I was tired but felted so much better, my body I mean. My legs were still a bit tight but my core and upper body that was hurting so bad yesterday was better.
3:15pm Recharge: Snack time! I didn’t feel hungry, even not finishing lunch, so I decided to try the Apple and almonds. I happen to love apples and almonds so I enjoyed it.
3:45pm Mountain: Grand Tetons. Alrighty, this is on a cardio machine of your choice. You start where you will and for 45 minutes (the two minutes you increase a level (or speed or incline) then the second two minutes you incline, the third you do for 5 minutes) continually increase your cardio as if you were climbing the mountains.  Uh it was challenging but I made my goal! I wanted to increase a level (on the bike) each interval. I finished and had to pat myself on the bad because it was really hard on my legs but I never quit! It was a mind over body challenge.
 5:00pm Intuitive Eating: She went over different types of eaters and what to watch for, how to have a balance in life with foods you should eat and foods you really want to eat.
5:45pm Dinner: Chicken Cob Salad (greens, salsa, avocado, light balsamic dressing) with an orange for dessert (Chocolate pana cotta). I was getting hungry (it caught up to me) so I was very ready for the yummy salad.
6:30pm Hot bath: The wind is REALLY bad tonight (mostly all day) so it was to cold for me to walk around in it.
7:30pm Check-in with the world (phone & computer)
8:00pm Journal.
8:50pm Call the parents- They don’t answer.
9:20pm Bed

Feb 20th- Well the week is half over and I think I will miss it all! I kind-a (well I do) wish I was here longer.
            5:30am wake up and get ready
            6:00am Yoga class- I’m not flexible, and this was hard. I’ve kind-a done yoga before (on the biggest loser DVD’s) and I swear I was more flexible than that. I will want to try and do more of that!
            7:00am Breakfast- I had the Melon, Oatmeal (with dried fruit and nuts) with egg whites again, and it was delightful. It was more filling and seems to settle better in my tummy. 
            8:00am Hike: Today we did Hidden Pineal. We made it to Piano rock and Butterfly rock. IT was HARD and STEAP! The hikes and increasingly gotten harder for me. The distance has pretty much been the same (around 4 miles) but the intensity has increased. It was pretty and only a few of us finished, the other took a short cut to the van. I felt it in my knee when we got back though. I thought I did so good with my knee, It’s been sore but not sharp pain, until I got off the bus from today. I had to ice it for a while and that helped. We also did a pool activity, which also helped.
           







11:15am Label Reading: Uh so much good information! I was looking forward to the lectures today because they seem so applicable! It was very helpful to hear and understand!

            12:15pm Lunch: We had a white bean and tomato soup and BBQ Chicken pizza. It was good but they used that same fake cheese stuff and it had WAY too much again. I think I might use it if it was less. BUT it was good and a new experience!
            1:00pm Planning Strategies: They went over setting goals and making sure we apply the things were have learned (and learn) with not change or get lost when going home! It was helpful and I need to set some time on Saturday to work through those goals!
            1:30pm Cooking Demo: Chef Sam showed us how to make the breakfast shake (I don’t eat that), the Cauliflower soup, mushroom risotto, BBQ chicken pizza and a take on a peanut butter cup (also will not eat). It was really interesting to see and hear his thoughts on how and why he does that to food.
            2:30pm Liquid moves: a pool workout in the middle of the day= lots of sunscreen. It felt good on my knees but was still a challenge and a good workout!
            3:15pm Recharge: I went for the protein shake.
            3:45pm Treading: This was a cardio class. I was on the bike again and this time we started with a two-minute warm-up, then for 5 minutes we biked as hard as could on a higher level of resistance. Then we had a 5 minute slow-down, we still biked but slower, then 4 minutes of really hard, fast, biking and a 4 minute slow-down; then three… and so on. We did two one minute sections and then she had us do two, five-minute songs and during the chorus we biked hard and fast. Oh boy did I have a hard time walking up the stairs to my room after that!
            5:00pm Portions & food types: I really like these lectures because they are really focused on us taking what we learn and bring it home with us. This taught me a lot about how much food I really do (well did) eat! It was amazing to see what healthy portions are and how to make them work for you!
            6:00pm Dinner: Tonight I had raw veggies, a veggies patty on whole wheat bread (with ketchup, tomato, lettuce, and red onion). It was Really god and satisfying! AND they made me a special dessert J a tofu pumpkin pie! Everyone else had a normal one and I was prepared to ask for my normal yummy orange but the server said, Oh no Michelle, we made you a special tofu pumpkin pie. GUYS- it was really good!! The pudding part was amazing, and the crust was grape nuts (I’m not sure if it really was grape nuts), and it was so great! I was very happily surprised!!   
            7:00pm I need to go sign up for a time when I go weight myself and do the whole exit stuff. Oh I also bought myself some treats, ya-know cookies, candy and such. JUST KIDDING! I bought a cookbook & a 30% off sweater. Little treats for me to use and apply to my life.
            7:45pm Check-in with the world. Find out that there were some big flooring problems and had to call and make some “Everything is going to be okay” chats (which they are, going to be okay). Ice and heat pack knees.
            8:30pm –Journal Time!
            8:30pm- Call the Parents. They didn’t answer . I should be offended, but you know I’m really not.
            9:30pm- Bed

Feb 21st- What a wonderful day! People, I did hard things!! It made me cry and it felt good to see what I could do!
5:30am wake up and get ready
            6:00am Stretch class-Feels oh so good.
            7:00am Breakfast- I had the Pineapple, Granola (with almond milk) with egg whites.
            8:00am Hike: Today I ROCKED IT!! The hike that everyone says it is very hard! They call it the stop sign.  They drop you off at the bottom of a 4.2-mile hike. The first three miles are on a paved trail and cover a 400 ft steady incline. The last 1.2 miles you increase another 500 ft incline (all uphill) on the road and ends at a stop sign (literally).  I was VERY intimated, to say the least, and all I wanted was to make it to the stop sign. So I got out of the van, got ready and off I went. I wanted to keep a steady pace so I would burn out but hopefully make it to the top. About 1.5 miles in an older couple (in their 70’s) went to pass me. The husband was faster than her so he kind-a took off and she met my pace.


            She started asking me questions, between my breaths, and we began chatting. She kept a very steady and hard pace for me to follow but I kept going. She kept telling me (when she could see that I was getting REALLY winded- or my legs were in pain) that this is the east part the hard part is when we pass Lava flaws. I’m thinking, “I’m breathing hard and my legs are hurting me. What part of this is easy?”  But we kept going! Then we got to the road (3 miles in) and we have to walk along the road- single file. They kept up a similar pace but I had to slow down. I just kept moving! I was so afraid to stop (thinking I wouldn’t start again), I REALLY wanted to prove to myself that I could do this, and wanted to accomplish this hard thing! I was worried that the time would end and I’d be so close and hate that I didn’t make it.
            Then the van came up behind me and I thought he was going to tell me the time was up and I needed to get in the van. “Michelle, you are so close! After this bend there is about a block and a half left, you can do this!!” I thought, “Wait, you’re not picking me up? OKAY, I’m going to make it!!” I kept walking and then I see the pay booth and then the sign that tells me that the stop sign is ahead. I started crying!! I couldn’t believe I did it! I just hike 4.2 miles and it was considered a hard one. ME- THIS GIRL. I never would have believed it nor would I have done it!
            I pulled myself together and there it was, the stop sign! I’ve never been so happy to see a stop sign EVER before. I had to touch it… I know this sounds silly and I know it seem dramatic but it was a GREAT feeling. I got a picture with the sign and started to walk towards the parking lot when Tom (the guide) asks, “So have you decided what you’re going to do with the rest of your time?” Me: “Time? What do you mean?” Tom: “You have 45 minutes left?” Me: “WHAT?!!!!” Tom: “…yeah, you can head back down and probably make it another mile… I’ll pick you up on the main road when the times up.” Me: “Uh, yeah… I’ll just start walking back…”
Yeah, I did it and I did it with time to head back down! I made it 2 miles back (down hill is faster than up), and Tom picked me up on the way!”
            Guys this was rather exciting to me. It meant a lot to me. I was VERY grateful to my Heavenly Father for this experience and the faith that he has in me. It was very personal and spiritual. It was a wonderful experience!
            11:15am Fitness Topics: Seona taught this class. It was about learning how to incorporate the fitness classes we learned this week. How to make sure we know how to go home with a plan and make it happen. It was very helpful.
            12:15pm Lunch: Turkey Meatball soup with Chicken pita (tomatoes, lettuce, onions) and roasted carrots (with seasoning). This was all great, except the carrots were spicy hot. I couldn’t finish them- so I realized I was going to be hungry. Last night I tried to quickly glance through the cookbooks I bought to see if I had questions about ingredients or methods. I did on the substitute ingredients and so I met with the dietician Sarah and had her go through those with me.  It was very helpful and encouraging. I told her my story of last year and described my diet; she said I was right on! That it all sounded wonderful, she did have some suggestions but they were things like, if you wanted to try this, you could do this. No changes, no you shouldn’t or you should. It was encouraging to know I was on the right path with my health. Something they have told us multiple times this week is that weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% fitness (they are both necessary).
            1:15pm Open Forum:  This was a time we could ask the trainer and dietician anything we wanted. I didn’t have any questions, but the questions that were asked were very helpful and I’m glad to know them! 
            2:30pm Circuit Training: Remember me telling you about the when we went back and forth between cardio and resistant training? We did that again! I happen to really like that one!
            3:15pm Recharge: I forgot about the fruit and grab a protein shake… I’m missing my fruit.
            3:45pm Zumba: Yes, Zumba! I have no rhythm. It was kinda embarrassing how I couldn’t do what she was but I got a lot of it down and it was fun and the music was fun and it was fun to act silly with my newfound friends!
            5:00pm Truths of weight maintenance. This was about all the diets we hear about and what to watch out for. Basically don’t do them J
            5:45pm Dinner: Uh YUMMY! It was Chicken (with a crazy good tomato sauce) green beans, and spaghetti squash. I was hungry and this was SO good. I ate it faster than I should have but I was ready for food in my belly! I had an orange- and really it was so wonderful- I love fruit!! (FYI- they had a peanut butter cup)
           

6:30pm Went and received all of my departing information, sign-up for my hike for tomorrow, adding my email to a newsletter list and sold some doTERRA products J I thought I would share my deep blue and felt I better bring some in case someone wanted any. They did!
            7:30pm Talked to the parents (I guess they do care). Emailed brides who couldn’t wait until Monday, and used the heating pad on my knees.
            8:30pm Journal
            9:45pm Bed

Feb 22nd-  It’s the last day; I didn’t have teary Tuesday or weepy Wednesday… I had Emotional Saturday.
I have come to really love some of these people! It’s kind of interesting that I really meshed well with some of the “older” (I do not believe this to be old- I just mean older than me) women (40-60) more than I did my age group. My age group I still became friends with but I didn’t LOVE being with them. They could be crud, bad language, click-ish, childish, and I’m not into that. These other women I loved! We had great conversations and we could talk without offending other people, and include everyone around us. It was a random thing that stood out to me this week.
            I’m excited to go home and also nervous. I’ve learned a lot of wonderful things here and I know I have an amazing support group- but it will still be hard and a new set of adventures I’m sure will come too!
5:30am Woke up and laid in bed thinking, ‘you can sleep until 6!!’
            6:00am Got out of bed and did my own stretch class- I will need to practice but it still was nice!
            7:00am Breakfast- Watermelon (one of my FAVORITES), Oatmeal (with dried fruit and nuts) with egg whites.
            8:00am Hike: Today’s hike didn’t rock it so much. Today’s hikes were optional and you chose the one you wanted. I asked the hiking manager her suggestion based on the other hikes I’ve been one, etc. She gave two suggestions, the first considerably flat and you go at your own pace. The other is also rather easy but you get to see all the sights. I chose the sights. Uh but they were not ‘easy’ almost the entire hike was sand in the wash. It’s very hard to walk in and I was not in my group. This group was anyone who signed up, which seemed to be the faster people. I tried to keep up and lucky they did have to wait for me too much. BUT the cool thing about it was I did it! Everything they did AND more! I climbed a crazy spot to see some pioneer names written on the stone. Yup, this girl!

11:15am Last Chance workout. Oh man! Seona lead this activity. We started at 10 reps then 9 then 8 then 7 then 6 etc. We did 10 burpees (I had to do a modified one and I have two bruised knees) then 10 ball thrusts, 10 squat bursts (I cant remember what this one is called), 10 sit-ups (I did crunches so I had to double my number), then 9 of each of those, then 8, etc. Then we had to “run (I speed walk)” a lap and start over. This time we started at 1 and worked up to 10. I ran out of time and only got to 8 on the last set, but I was still very proud!! I did it so they gave me a buff with the Biggest Loser on it! Cool huh?!

            1:00pm Lunch: Carrot Ginger Soup, Fish Tacos (Mahi Mahi) with a mango slaw (it had mango, red cabbage, tomatoes, and other things) in corn tortillas. Never had fish tacos- they were pretty good. I had mine with out the sauce (dairy based) so I thought it needed a little something but I still really liked them.
            2:00-4:00pm FREETIME. Yup, FREETIME. I did a load of laundry, hot tub, showered and diffused my hair (first time all week) and I even put mascara on (also first time this week). I took some more random photos of the area, settled my tab, filled up the car with gas (WOW IT WAS EXPENSIVE), and changed into jeans for graduation.
            4:00pm Graduation: They went over some specials that we could do to come back. Then we watched a video of our week (in photos and video). It was funny and kind-a embarrassing to watch. I mean we are all sweating and awkward… but it was still fun. Then they had us go around the room and say whatever we wanted. Lot’s of we can do this and what not’s. I was very choked up, and it was hard for me to not get teary at some of the comments. I said, “I was so scared to come here, I walked in the building very slowly and even thought (uh maybe I am crazy!). But I did it, and through out this week so many of you have taken me under your wing or befriended me and encouraged me! You helped me understand and you let me cheer you on. You helped me believe in me. I am no longer afraid! Thank you for helping me in this process!”
            We were then given a CD with the DVD and pictures from the week. We were also given a shirt that says “I Survived!”
            5:00pm Dinner: Smothered Chicken Burritos with Asparagus. And a sweet orange! It was a yummy dinner that I got to sit by my Texas sisters. We chatted about the week and what we thought was great and unexpected then our lives we were returning too. It was really great .


            6:30pm Karaoke: This was really fun! I sang with some groups and loved it. I got wrangled into it and didn’t know the songs at all and/or not very well; but it was still so much fun. Taasha (tosha), Amy and I had a blast sitting by each other, laughing and really just having fun! I think I’m going to try to go this at home one time with my friends.
            9:00pm Kind-a Pack, Journal, face mask thing too.
            10:00pm Bed.

Feb 23rd- We went to experience all the different religions and cultures they had to show us.
            5:30am I woke up and told myself 6, silly 6! You can sleep in a little….
            6:00am Got out of bed, got ready and started packing.
            7:00am Weigh In. I lost 3 pounds, 2 inches in my waist, and just fewer than 2 inches in my hips and bust. I didn’t go specifically about the weight loss. This is about a lifestyle change for me. I was told I need to drink more water and focus on gaining muscle and losing body fat.
            7:20am Breakfast: Omelet bar. Chef Sam made us all our own eggs. I had egg whites with mushrooms, salsa, peppers, and tomatoes, something else and avocado on top. I also had grapes and ½  a wheat English muffin.
            7:40am Finished packing and loaded up my car.
8:40am Said good bye to my Texan sisters. We said our good-byes along with some more good byes to others, picked up my ‘lunch’ and I was off to church.


9:05am nothing is happening so I turn around and ask the lady behind me and she tells me that it’s Stake conference they are all early to get seats. Great. She was nice enough to tell me how to get to another nearby ward. I made it just in time for the sacrament. This really loud family came and sat next to me and I didn’t like that so much. After Sacrament Mtg. I got in the car and headed off!
10:05am-3:30pm: It was a very LONG drive; I was happy to be home. Dad and Moms home teachers were there so I tried to be quiet as I got all my stuff to my room and unpacked. Once I was almost done Mom had dinner ready and I was very ready to eat. Roast, green beans, salad, and grapes.
4:45pm: Peter is helping with the interfaith month and there was a musical celebration at the tabernacle. SO off we went to experience all the different religions and cultures they had to show us. It was a little long for me, but very neat! There were: Jewish, Natives, Catholic, Sik, Indian, and more of really neat performances.
9:00pm: Got ready for bed, Prayer, Journal and now…
10:00pm Bed… I’m so tired


No comments:

Post a Comment