Sept 28th -29th Midway:
We had a fun opportunity to have the RS retreat at the Wortley's cabin in Midway. I was asked to open everything up and get dinner started. I got there a little early so I decided to go check out the town. I went to a couple of little shops and a neat market! I was able to get some birthday and Christmas gifts. When everybody came I was surprised to see some old friends that I haven't seen in YEARS (7-9). It was so much fun to catch up with some old friends and get to know some new friends. I was also able to do some reading and thought it was a fun little get away. Thanks to the RS in the North Park ward and the Wortleys for a fun little trip! I was able to go into a store and this is what I saw. I don't know why I thought it was so funny and creepy, but I thought I'd share!!
Then I saw this behind one of the stores I was in and LOVED it. I think it's so pretty!!
Once I came home I had my windshield replaced and worked on my sunday school lesson. THEN it was time to watch the RS General Broadcast. We had a new RS presidency called so it was exciting to be able to hear from the new presidency. Of-course they did a great job! Here are a couple of my thoughts from Conference:
Sis Burton.-Have we invited Christ to write on our hearts?
-What would you place in your Handcart?
-Awaken to the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Sis. Stephens.
-Awaken to your Duty!
-"Come out of the world and into the kingdom of God"
-Michelle, would you be able to pull your handcart?
-Have you made a change of heart? What condition is your heart in?
-Come unto Christ
Sis. Reeves.
-"She is My daughter, she is never alone!"
-"He has not forgotten you, He knows you and understands what you are going through!"
Pres Erying.
-"What comes next for willing hands to do?"
- The Lord builds teams!
-The Savior is always in the circle!


No comments:
Post a Comment