21 November, 2012

Make That Change

This year I wanted to do a service project. I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to do and could afford. UNTIL I was at work listening to my Ipod and Michael Jackson's, 'Man In The Mirror' came on and I thought that would be a fun theme to a girls night!! Well I decided that I wanted to help those around me, the people I love!  I sent out an invitation that asked each girl to think of someone they think could use a little extra attention. I also asked them to bring an item to show to everyone that represents a change they have made in their lives.  
 When everyone arrived we sat around and showed our items and shared our stories!! It was seriously amazing. These women are amazing! They have made some changes and are making changes that I thought were pretty awesome! Education, missions, family, lifestyles, money... everything was so neat!  
 Once we were done sharing we moved to the table and started our craft! We started with these bank trees and leafs. With the 'person who we thought we could a little extra attention' in mind we wrote on the loose leaves positive qualities or characteristics. 
 Once we had all the leaves written on we glued them to the branches. Once all the leaves were attached they could give their friend this tree to remind them how great they really are!!
The little orange boxes were filled with a candy that they brought to give to their friend. 
We also wrote letters to the friends.
 
We had lots of yummy treats like the acorns that Heather made! 
They were so cute and everyone loved them!! 
 
Ohh... We had popcorn in cute yellow boxes that had signs that said, "Make that Change". We also had waters that said, "If you want to make the world a better place then look at yourself and make that change".  
Here are some of the women that came... I missed Ashley Marie, Heather and Tiffany.
Jenn and Danielle
 Emily
 Hillary
 Stephanie
 Emily
Ashlee, Stephanie, Liz, and Leslie
 I made each girl a box of candy with a little butterfly mirror and a letter. It was great to be with everyone and I had so much fun!! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment