21 November, 2012

Pre-mission Sunday

One if the girls I visit teach wants to go on a mission. Now that they have lowered the age for everyone, she is ready to get started!! SO she had lots of questions when we met and chatted. 
It was great for me! 
She really wanted to go to the mission prep class in the family stake so I told her I would go with her the first time. Pres. Brower, my Pre-Mission Stake Pres.,  is the teacher and it was SOOOOOO great!! I looked around at these little 18 year old boys and laughed. They all stared at the floor and avoided eye contact. If they only knew what was a head of them!! 
 It was GREAT to be there and share my experiences. 
Once we left I went to Dad and Mom's ward to see and listen to Pres. & Sis Saylin. They just returned home from serving as mission presidents in Texas. I refer to Pres. Saylin as my, 'Pre-Mission Mission Pres.' He was the counselor I served with in the YSA the 4 years leading up to my mission.  They did a great job. It was wonderful to hear their messages. She spoke about some of the missionaries and their experiences with them. Pres. Saylin spoke about not looking back but looking forward. That we shouldn't compare where we think we should be, to where we really are;
 but make the most out of where we are in life! 

The whole day was such a great day!! It made me wake up and realize I needed the reminders to work hard like I did as a missionary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment