Once upon a time... I read Fablehaven! This is a good book. I liked the imagery that it produced.
I loved how it talked about having a balance in life, good verses evil, courage, love, kindness,
and how ALL our choices have consequences!
Some of interesting lines from the book:
"He turned to leave and then paused, reaching into his coat pocket. Turning back, he handed Kendra a tiny key ring holding three miniature keys of varying sizes. "Each of these keys fits something in this room. See f you can figure out what each unlocks."
"No mythology or religion that I know holds all the answers. Most religions are based on truths, but they are also polluted by the philosophies and imaginations of men."
"In their youth, morals behave more like nymphs. Adulthood seems impossibly distant, let alone the enfeeblement of old age. But ponderously, inevitably, it overtakes you. I find it a frustrating, humbling, infuriating experience."
"The mystical barriers that protect me would be lifted, and the punishment would naturally follow. You see, as mortals, we can choose to break the rules.......As long as I obey the rules, I am safe. But if I lose the protections afforded by the treaty, the consequences of my vulnerability would inevitably follow."
The next adventure awaits...
The Bad Beginning: Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events

No comments:
Post a Comment