We had freezing rain for the first time in over 20 years!! It was crazy! Mountain sides and ice aren't the best combo.
I went outside and SLID to my car and tried to break into it, once I broke into it it, I let it run/heat up for about 30 minutes before I could even try to get the ice off. Once my car was warm enough for me to see out of I tried to drive to work.
The roads were SO bad it was crazy!! I was 2 hours late to work. All day all I could think of was, "How am I going to drive UP the ice?" The tricky part was getting up the hill and up the driveway. I drove up the driveway and tried to make it to the top but couldn't make it. I almost made it to the to top the driveway, I had my foot on the break and I slide to the flat of the driveway. I had to pull myself up the driveway by holding on to the TAMS next to the wall. There was a little snow under the ice that I tried to crush to give me some kind of traction. It was, I'm sure, a sight to see me pulling myself up the driveway! When Peter got home, he called ans asked how to get into the house. I tried to show him where I was bale to pull myself up and he decided to try and run up instead. We played on the ice for awhile before we were so cold we had to go inside. It was quite an adventure!!




No comments:
Post a Comment