17 March, 2013

CES Firside

Sunday they had a CES firside with Elder and Sister Bednar. It was wonderful, it always is when you go to learn. Sis Bednar spoke first, "The Lord does know You", she gave ways for us to know that the Lord does know us. "Ears to hear, eyes to see, feet to follow and hearts to understand." She said we need Ears to hear the Work of God. We need to read his words that had been written to help us. Eyes to see His Plan. He knows you and is leading you. 
Pray for eyes to see where the Lord is helping you in your life.
Elder Bednar talked about the following: "They all earnestly prepared for his remarks" Have you ever gone to a general conference, stake meeting or fireside where you knew one of the Apostles, First Presidency, member of The Seventy, or even your stake leadership was to speak? Did you get there early to get a 'good seat' or bring pen and paper to record your thoughts? Were you prepared and waiting for an answer? As Elder Bednar began and started talking about a beloved deceased Elder Maxwell, he said that Elder Maxwell was coming to speak to Ricks College and that, "They all earnestly prepared for his remarks". I wondered how often I earnestly prepare to be taught at church on sundays or firesides... or anything else. I will work on this!! Here are some more thoughts from Elder Maxwell through Elder Bednar: "Not shrinking is more important than surviving." Christ has said, "That I will not shrink." 
Elder Bednar talked about submitting our will to the Lord. Do we have enough faith to be healed, and even more importantly, not healed? Are you willing to submit everything to the Lord? *John: "Not my will but thine be done." Are we becoming what we are suppose to be becoming? Our lives should be about learning, living, and becoming! 
Elder Bednar spoke about a talk that Elder Maxwell gave during a conference, I tried to find it and haven't be able to but I wrote down the title as "Applying the Atoning Sacrifice of Christ." 
It was a wonderful fireside!! 

1 comment:

  1. Think it might be, '“Apply the Atoning Blood of Christ” ?
    Here's the link if it is :)
    http://atonementofjesuschrist.blogspot.com/2013/03/day-24-apply-atoning-blood-of-christ.html
    SURE LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete