11 March, 2013

Sinterklas

Sinter Klas came and visited our house... He left this letter with some sweet treats...

Dear Michelle,

In some places in Scandinavia, where your ancestors are from, there is a special day for children before Christmas-  it's December 6th- or Sinterklass Day. Sinterklass is what I, Santa Claus (as you call me), am called there. On the night before , I ride through towns, checking on children on my white horse, Amerigo. The children put out their shoes (and a treat for Amerigo) and in return I leave a treat for them. The tradition at your home is to put out your old slippers and I will leave you new ones filled with treats from Holland (they make the best chocolate treats there). 

You have been such a good girl, sharing and caring with your family and friends, especially your nieces and nephews; helping your mom and dad; being kind to others; serving so faithfully in your callings; learning so many new things; you have been VERY good!

Continue to be and do good, and I'll be back on Christmas Eve!!!

Liefde aan u (Love to you),

Sinterklass

Thanks Sinterklass!!

1 comment: