This year for our Relief Society Conference they decided to do something a little different. We had a meeting in the chapel then they had 'workshops' and lunch. It was a wonderful way to start off the day. The theme was "Neglect bot the Gift that is in Thee". Sis Rigby spoke (our Stake RP) first, and did a wonderful job. She said we all have gifts, spiritual gifts. She related the Parable of the Talents, which is one of my favorites, and then told us that the Lord expects us to BECOME someone. She then told us 4 ways (really more) to use our Gifts to become the someone the Lords expects us to be.
1. Seek learning: Spiritual learning is eternal, read, study, practice and then do.
This reminded me of a passage in my patriarchal blessing. It talks about seeking knowledge, but not only spiritual... It was a reminder to me of things I need to work on.
2. Seek happiness NOW. "Happiness lies in the journey." Enjoy your life now, don't wait for "something" to happen before you let yourself be happy and don't wait to change your life!
3. Seek to understand the depths of the Atonement. She quoted a scripture and changed it a little. "For God so loved...the one.. that he gave his only begotten Son..." He did it for you!!
4. Seek Charity. Truth is I don't remember a lot of what she said about this one. But I wrote down that I NEED to keep a journal. I need to be better at recording my feelings and experiences.
Here's to another try at this blogging thing :)
See really she taught much more.
Pres. Hymas then spoke. He asked, "Why does the Lord give us gifts? This is what I think the answer is: 1. because He loves us. 2. Because we need them to full fill our missions on Earth; and 3. Because He needs us to full fill our Missions." He then expressed gifts that he thinks we all need to do 2 & 3. First, Know who you are. Learn who you are by learning where you came from. Literally learn where you came from! Who were your grandparents, their great grandparents. Learn who you are. Second: Have Patience and Long Suffering. Seek happiness, worrying is a worthless emotion. Our time is not the Lords time, this is a hard lesson to learn. Third: Have Charity. The best way to improve ourselves is to serve others, pray for those opportunities to serve. and Forth: Do what you can and loveth much. Read these scriptures to understand,
Mark 14 "She hath done that she could..." and Luke 7 "She loved much".
Afterwards we split to go to workshops. The first I went to was about Family History!! The best part was one, how they did the power point (It's Your Story) and two, this quote, "We discover something about ourselves when we learn about our ancestors." Pres. Monson
Then I went to a class about 'Gaining and Maintaining Confidence'. She really talked about us being confident in who we are and not trying to be someone we aren't. It was a lot of fun.... 'Neglect not the gift that is in thee"... 1 Tim 4:14.... Life is a never ending wave, or roller coaster ride!....
"Cast not away therefore your confidence"... Hebrews 10:35...
Confidence comes from the inside out, not the outside in.
After that we had lunch and I left to shop for Grandma. It was a great experience!! I wish everyone always put that much effort into preparing to teach and learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment