06 April, 2014

Mar. 23rd- 29th


Mar. 23rd- “If you feel like your depressed or going through a rut, do something different. Change, change what you are doing!”
            So I have had lots on my mind as of late. Not the happiest of items but such is life right! I went to church with hope and a prayer in my heart! I believe in the power of prayer!
            Amy spoke about Christ coming during the forth watch. We usually want Christ to come in the first watch of our struggles but Christ knows when to step in and help. She also mentioned something I thought was a great way of looking at an unexpected answer. She said sometimes when we pray, we pray for Bread. And when we receive and answer we receive Bread. But maybe when we were praying we really wanted white bread, but the Lord gave a Wheat bread instead. We still got bread, it just wasn’t the one we wanted.
            Adam then spoke. He read Alma 37:36-37, “Let it be in the Lord”. Let go of the things that a holding you back from the things of the Lord. It could be a person, an item, TV, the internet, your job, whatever it is, let it go!
            In Sunday School, family history, Moses taught. He talked about temple blessings and bringing a name to the temple. He talked about the Lords Timing and how sometimes we are ready to do something and sometimes the time is just right! Trust in the Lords timing. “If you feel like your depressed or going through a rut, do something different. Change, change what you are doing!”
            I love church!!

Mar. 24th- I would really like it if on one of those days I can go to the temple.
            Monday was my day “off”. How come even on my days off, I still end up working?! I did get a couple hours of work in. I also did some laundry, watch TV, clean my room (this took a while and honestly I’m not done) and do nothing for a little bit.  It was nice to not have to work all day. I think I need another one of these.

Mar. 25th- It was something they gave up to show their repentance and to worship God and Christ.
I worked on the Easter Activities today; I want to be prepared for all the fun things that are coming!
Today is my Jojo’s 4th birthday! I find this to be kind-a crazy that he, Tucker and Autumn are all four (or will be shortly). I just love these kiddos more than I can say!
Peter and I went to institute tonight. I’ve missed the past few weeks but I guess they were talking about Christianity, in general. So I only got the tail end of that. What I did get was worth it! They talked a little about Ash Wednesday and Lent. I was thinking about lent the other day (wondering when it began) and what I would to give up. Ash Wednesday (dust of the earth) is 40 days before Easter and is the first day of Lent. Ash Wednesday is the day you decide to give up one of your sins and repentant and try to be better. The giving up of one sin and the worshiping process is called Lent. It is related to when Christ fasted for 40 days.  Some people will just give up anything that they deem as something they put before Christ.; like Ice cream (if they eat a lot of it), or TV, or smoking.  It’s only for 40 days, which I find to be the interesting part. I’m sure there are people out there who stop the sinning completely, meaning they don’t go back to it after the 40 days are over. But it seems that the 40 days are the only thing they are shooting for (which in some cases I’m sure would be VERY difficult). What would you give up for Lent? What would I give up for Lent?
They also introduced us to Hinduism; which was very confusing. After we left class, Peter re-explained everything to me. Hindu’s believe in an “entity” called Brahman. He is all good, and what we all strive to become.  In each of us is a piece of Brahman (trapped in these bodies). The purpose of each life (they believe in karma/reincarnation) is to become more like Brahman and eventually releasing the Brahman within. Each person’s path may be different. Some may choose action or some may choose knowledge (or some may choose some other path). The “Gods” of Hinduism are really pieces of Brahman in different forms to help us on our paths. I will admit it’s still a little confusing to me, but I understand it a little better now. I can see (some what) what there thought process might be.
I also read in Alma 26 tonight. It spoke of (just a reference to it) when the Anti-Nephi-Lehi’s buried their weapons of war. I thought, it was their Lent, just not 40 days. It was something they gave up to show their repentance and to worship God and Christ.  Alma 25: 14 “And they did also bury their weapons of war, according as their brethren had, and they began to be a righteous people; and they did walk in the ways of the Lord, and did observe to keep his commandments and his statutes.” Have you buried your weapon of war? Have I?

Mar 26th I forgot to journal and I can’t remember anything that happened other than I worked.

Mar 27th I cannot wait for the changes to be complete. I want to see it all come together.
Today I worked at the Resort. It was a good day to find out what needs to be done still. We had staff meeting where I was able to talk about the all the fun Easter activities that are coming up rather quickly. Then went over Mother’s Day events and what involved there. We went over all the lodge changes and what still need’s to happen. I cannot wait for the changes to be complete. I want to see it all come together.  One of these days…

Mar 28th I am SO excited for the temple with Brittany and the General Women’s Meeting.
            For a Friday it actually felt like one. I mean I usually work on Saturdays so it doesn’t feel like a weekend. BUT today it di
d. I am SO excited for the temple with Brittany and the General Women’s Meeting. It should be a great weekend! It was another day at work and a simple movie night at home.

Mar 29th As we move forward we become more complete. We can not do it alone, we need our Savior!
Today I was able to start my day off right! My friend Brittany was able to receive her endowment. It was wonderful to be there and support her. I love the temple! I love being there, I love to see it, I love to be on the grounds, I just love it.  Another friend of mine was able to help her at the veil. It made me envious! I wanted to be able to serve others like that! One day… one day I will be able too!
I tried to not rush but I tried to leave in time to make it to my cousin’s son’s baptism. I walked out, turned on my phone, and saw that it had already started. Bummer! But it is still a neat thing to have so many great things in one day! Congratulations Cameron!
The first ever General Women’s Meeting was today! My amazing mom invited all her daughters and her GRANDDAUGHTER to come over. Not only did we all meet together but ages 8+ were invited too. That means Sadie will be able to enjoy this meeting now too!!  Mom, Me, Tiffany, Sandie, and Sadie were able to have dinner (on great aunt Verda’s china) and then watch the session together. It was great!
Sis. Wixom (Primary Pres): “We look to the temple!” “When you keep your temple covenants you will feel the love of the Savior and our Father!”
Sis. Oscarson (YW Pres): We are all daughters of God, which means we are all sisters! Sisters have an unbreakable bond, “Be one and if ye are not one, ye are not mine.” Don’t compare yourself with others, don’t judge yourself against others, they are your sisters. We need each other and each others talents and experiences (think of Mary and Elizabeth). Focus on what you have in common.”
They then showed a video. All I could think of was my grandma Moosman, I felt her with us, watching, supporting, I felt her with me!
Sis. Burton (RS Pres): “Isn’t she beautiful, well so are you!” “Know your divine heritage as a daughter of God.” “Lay aside the things of the world.” “As we move forward we become more complete. We can not do it alone, we need our Savior!” “He considered his calling a gift (how do you feel about your calling?).” The best way to prepare for a righteous home is to live your and keep your covenants.”
Then we sang my favorite hymn, “Savior may I learn to love thee.” This is the song that helps me think of my grandma Moosman too. I felt it fitting because I felt her so close to me during this session.
Pres. Erying then spoke. (speaking about baptism) “We felt a desire to forgive and to be forgiven. My mother was the one who helped me prepare for that day!” “Doing the right things, makes Him (our Savior) happy.” “He (our Savior) expects you to treat everyone like a child of God, forgive them, love the. You are more alike than you are different.” Eve- the mother of all living- “She did what needed to be done, and Adam was smart enough to follow her. She helped her family back home.”
It was a great night spent with some of the people I love most!!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty awesome! Pretty great to be together, for sure! A great & historic memory!! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete