29 April, 2014

Apr 20th - Apr 26th


Apr 20th What a day to celebrate all the miracles that are Jesus Christ!
            Today was a great Easter Sunday! Wonderful messages at church and time spent with my family! Heather came up to the house because the Easter bunny left Autumn’s eggs around our house J. She was so cute and had so much fun with it! It was such a beautiful day too! We spent a little of it out on the swing and I got to snuggle with the Moosmans AND the Ambler’s (most of them) for a minute before running inside for dinner.
            What a day to celebrate all the miracles that are Jesus Christ! I’m very grateful for him and for what he did and does for me!!
 





Apr 21st To Reach the Unreachable Star
            Tonight I went and saw The Man of La Moncha. They did a wonderful job!! I was VERY impressed. I had never seen the play nor did I know anything about it. It was a little hard to figure it all out but I thought it was well done. Easton said it was his favorite but I’m thinking it was a little hard for him to follow along with and maybe just liked the fact that they dressed up and were silly.
            One of my favorite songs is a theme in this musical, The Impossible Dream, and it’s beautiful! 
 Here, enjoy:


To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far
To fight for the right without question or pause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star


Apr 22nd I thought that the cover of the movie seemed like Natalie Portman became a superhero, but of course she’s not.
            Mom and I went to dinner at PeiWi and then went and got a movie. We got the Thor 2 movie, I’ve been wanting to see it. It wasn’t what I thought it was going to be, but it was still good. 

Apr 23rd Powers out equals boring day…
            So pretty much I did nothing today because the power was out and all the stuff I wanted/needed to do I couldn’t. SO it was a bit boring and not so productive… I need to go to the resort tomorrow so I’m sure it will be better.

Apr 24th It was cold and I smelt of exhaust but it was fun!  
Power is out again at the resort, and it’s freezing! Seriously, it was really cold! I worked on wedding stuff upstairs in the lodge.  Sorted as much as I could before I needed a break from the cold and had to go outside and warm up. Yes I said that correctly! It was warmer outside than inside. Axcil showed up with the new fire truck (which looks like he just stole it from the army, of course he didn’t J) and took us all on a test drive.  It was cold and I smelt of exhaust but it was fun!

Apr 25th Well today was a little stressful. My manager was fired.
            Yup. My levels of stress keep raising but I’m trying to not let everything get to me. I vent to my mom then try not to think about it but I guess I need to try a little harder, because it’s REALLY getting to me. I’m a little confused about what is going to happen and who will be in charge and all of the unknown! I can’t do anything about it so I’m going to not worry about it until I know what’s going on.

Apr 26th “It’s not so much where we’ve been but where we are willing to go.”
Tiffany put together a Doterra training conference! She did a wonderful job! It was wonderful to be hearing about and being a little involved in the oil world. I love learning and I love attending these things!!
It rained all day long. It sort of reflected my emotions. I was happy to be at class but then I got a phone call from work that rather crush my happy emotions, I couldn’t really shake the feeling after that.
BUT I REALLY TRIED TOO!! I was taking one of my besties to her 30th Birthday dinner and the LAST thing I wanted to do was complain about my worries! I was going to put on a happy face (which I was happy to be with her) and help her celebrate her wonderful day!  She wanted to go to California Pizza Kitchen, so we did! I had the California Veggie Pizza (without the cheese) and enjoyed it, it’s not for everyone I get that but I don’t miss cheese (the convenience maybe). She told me all about her day and how it did turn out the way she expected. I understand that, sometimes I put expectations that just don’t get fulfilled. I try to no do that, it’s not fair.
I enjoyed my time with Ashley Marie and after dinner we went to Stake Conference, Adult Session; which was also wonderful! Sis. Goldsberry said: “It’s not so much where we’ve been but where we are willing to go.” 
Sis. Hymas: “You are a partner, with Christ, in the work of the Salvation of man” 
Sis. Boyer:  “You must become the rock the river cannot wash away!” 
Kirk Nelson: “Going through hard times helps us see the joy that is possible because of Jesus Christ.” 
Tiffany: We need to love ourselves first. We need to see ourselves the way the Lord does.
Pres. Boyer: “It’s about the ordnances!” He announced that we are going to combine wards during Sunday school, which means we will be in Singles buildings. Yup, my stake president is pretty amazing! Starting in June we will be re-located to the new (to us) buildings so we have more opportunities to meet people. They want us to be able to have more opportunities to meet, so they made it possible. He explained it’s not just about meeting people but that we need to have all the ordnances and marriage is an ordnance we all need. “You need to do your part in this process of meeting people.” “Live the way you want your spouse to live. Become the person you want to marry!” This was great for me to hear because I have been thinking about that lately. I need to be the person I want to marry and make sure that I am a person someone will want to marry! It was a great message.
Afterwards, Peter, Kelvin (Kelton & Devin Gubler, I made this name up, I think it’s funny), April, Shantel, and I went to get some frozen yogurt (so did half of utah it seemed). Lots of wonderful things happened in this day!

1 comment:

  1. Eventful week! Love the 'Kelvin' creation!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete