07 April, 2014

Mar. 30th - Apr. 5th


Mar 30th It frosted everything and made all the dead stuff look beautiful!
            Another wonderful day at church! To be able to partake in the sacrament, be taught the spirit and enjoy the company of others. After church we had a mingle where I volunteered to bring cookies. Yup, I tried to get involved! It’s a simple way but one that I knew I could contribute in. It was a fun mingle and I was even able to help clean up afterwards. While at church it snowed, a lot! It really came down and made it slushy and slick, but nothing really bad. It frosted everything and made all the dead stuff look beautiful!

Mar 31st Murder Mystery at FHE. Slim shady... I mean Sam Shady died. 
Yes this was the highlight of my day. At FHE we played clue, but life sized. To be honest, it didn’t make any sense at all on how we were to figure out the answer, but luckily my team was fun and that made it worth it. Here are two of my team members and Maid… someone (I don’t remember her fake name) but Jen!
 
Apr 1st I’m engaged! HAHAHAHA APRIL FOOLS!!! Oh man I’m funny!
            I bet you thought I was serious! Of-course you didn’t, I know, it wasn’t really that funny. O-well, it was another day at work.

Apr 2nd I hope it will be a wonderful Mother’s Day Celebration!
I got my hair trimmed this morning and she even straighten it, this only happens when she does it because I can’t get me straight like she can. It felt nice to have it done and made me excited for the Mothers Day Celebration! For Mother’s Day this year I am doing a Spa Day. Each person can have a pedicure or a manicure and upper lip/eyebrow waxing, and a hand technique (doTERRA) and a body wrap! There will be treats, music and great company J I will not be getting to do any of these things but I thought it sounded like something people would want. Well I have 35 spots and all of them are full! Not bad uh?! I hope it will be a wonderful Mother’s Day Celebration! 

Apr 3rd  My nieces and nephews are just the cutest things there are!
I love my family, but it’s hard to focus on work when they are around! I’m not complaining because I think they are just the cutest things there are but I had to leave the room and lock my bedroom door. It hurt.

Apr 4th It seems like a strange way but I needed peace, calmness, and a sense of enjoyment and reading can do that for me.
            So I have been emotional struggling lately, as hinted towards but not explained in past dates. Work, life, me, it has all been getting to me lately. It’s been such a problem that my skin (it’s usually my way of showing stress) has taken a hit. 
My mom has helped me put together some different approaches to help my skin and my soul.  I hope to feel better physically, spiritually, and emotionally soon! As you can imagine I was VERY much looking forward to general conference to receive answers and the peace that I have been seeking! To help me get ready I read a book. It seems like a strange way but I needed peace, calmness, and a sense of enjoyment and reading can do that for me. I had wanted to re-read a book that I got for Christmas and knew I could read it in one day. Persuasion, a Latter-day Tale; by Rebecca H. Jamison. It’s a modern day LDS take on Jane Austen’s Persuasion. I read it and it did help.
      
     
Apr 5th “Courage beyond Words”
            Today was General Conference, I needed this and loved this. Our Heavenly Father knows each of us and what we need to hear. Here are just some of the things that stood that I wrote about these sessions.
Pres. Monson “Listen and Learn”
Elder Holland “Courageously stand up for the Church and your beliefs” 
Elder Rasband “Angels will be round about you to lift you up.” 
Elder Amado “Christ usually served others, one by one. Let us serve until the end.”
Sis. Reeves “Daily scripture study, daily prayer and FHE will help change your heart and your desires.” 
Elder Andersen “All things in commotion, spiritual whirlwinds, they will move you; sometimes without you knowing it!” 
Pres Erying “It takes faith to keep your covenants.” 
Elder Nelson “Faith is the Antidote of Fear.”
Elder Scott “His grandmother was a wonderful example (as was mine), she put the Lord first.”
Elder Hales  “Obedience is taught by example. Obedience makes us stronger for the next trails that are to come.”
Elder Zivic “He loved music so much that we practiced and worked on his music without reminders.”
Elder Zwick “Practice this question; what were you thinking? Listen to each other and try to see their perspective.” 
Elder Cook “We need to save our ancestors, we act as their agents. We need to be connected to our roots and branches.” 
After Conference mom and I had a little mother daughter date.  We went to dinner and then to see a movie. We saw The Book Thief. It was very moving! It stirred feelings of that day and age when horrible things happened. The thing that makes it hard is that it’s STILL happening. It was a VERY well done movie and an emotional one. I would suggest it as a film to help you put life into perspective. “Courage beyond Words”

No comments:

Post a Comment