Lessons Learned:
-If you change a teaspoon into a tablespoon it really changes things.
-There's a difference between sugar and confectioners sugar.
To get ready for next's weeks cake decorating lesson I needed to make a couple of batches of frosting. Note: I've never made frosting from scratch and had it work before. I took the cake decorating class booklet and went to the store to get everything needed to make the required frosting.
Came home and got to work. Went through the instructions as carefully as I could but, ya know me, I messed it up, twice! Instead of 7 teaspoons I did 7 tablespoons. Luckily I had only put in a few things before I had to start over.
THEN I remake it then get to putting in the sugar and realized that I had 'normal' sugar and I needed confectioners sugar. Yup there's a difference! I had to run to the store and get some cause we didn't have any.
On to the third try... I got it right! Yes it took me three tries to follow a simple recipe but in the end I got it. Good thing too considering I will have to make some every week. If you need a recipe for covering and decorating a cake, you just let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment