
Lesson learned:
-My future looks Sweet!
Okay people allow me to explain how amazing our Father is! When I came home from my mission I felt strongly that I needed to go back to school. But why? I didn't know! So I went to Salt Lake community college on a quest to know why I was there and not doing interior design. I was there for a few semesters doing all sorts of classes. I learned a lot of new things!
One night while I was reading my scriptures the thought over whelmed my thoughts that I should go into business. I laughed... out loud. Kept reading and it came again... I laughed... and again... this time I stopped and said, okay? I am not a business like person. I thought really, me, in business? Okay... whatever you say! So I went to class the next day and met with a counselor. She told me that they had problem with me transcripts and I'd have to do .. blah...blah..blah. I came home think'n there is no way I'm going to be in school for as long as she just told me.
While my thoughts were roaming I realized I could be at LDS Business college! YES! So I looked into it, met with a counselor, re-applied, and got started! While reading the descriptions of the different degrees I read about entrepreneurship. I thought, huh I'll start there. Little did I know what was coming.
I started into the program with little knowledge as to what I could do with this new found knowledge. About three months into the semester I woke up in the middle of the night with a revelation. Michelle, you need to open a dessert restaurant called cravings! huh... okay... I had a few thoughts of what it would look like and what would be served. I sketched out a few things and few back asleep. I told my mom about it the next morning like I would describe any random thought I might have. I didn't actively do much with it out loud until my next semester.
One of my professors is the Dunford from Dunford Bakery, I thought maybe I'd just ask him about it. I told him and he loved it. SO this isn't just a thought of.. yeah that would be cool... it's my future!! My mind has been intoxicated by it ever since!! As soon as this happened I went to the first person that came to mind. Janet Wortley!
She also loved my idea and we have been collaborating with each other ever since! She received in the mail a invite to attend the Fancy foods Show in San Francisco. Well she felt strongly enough about it that she bought me a ticket to the show! I will post about this next but I realize how the Lord was helping direct me to this. I'm very excited about it!
You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait till this is actually here!
I will be your number one customer :)
That is SOOOO great. Can't wait to read about it, and Michelle, you can count on your ol' Auntie for any help, experimenting, etc. I love it, and I love you too! Best of everything!
ReplyDelete