07 January, 2011

Let the lessons begin..


Lessons learned...
-Learning is expensive.
-Making stars out of frosting isn't as easy as it looks.
-I have no muscle in my arms.

For Christmas my parents gave me a cake decorating class, and I'm not sure I know what I'm getting myself into. The first class was on tuesday where I learned about the basics. In a class with 3 girls under 18, a mother and daughter, and a crazy girl that was all over the place.

Our teacher taught us about the process of making a cake, what we need to make frosting, then how to make stars. I learned that after stirring hard frosting that I have no muscles in my arms and that I shake when I need to hold still. I will keep trying and build up some muscle over time.

During this lesson the teacher also showed us the wilton isle where we will be buying more stuff for the class. WHAT!?! MORE MONEY! So yeah. First you pay for the class, then the kit, then everything else. AND there's homework. Good thing I was able to get a deal on the class and kit or I don't know what I'd do.

Confession... I went to Walmart and bought all the rest of the stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment