20 July, 2011

Alma 14

Lessons Learned:
-My mission was a wonderful experience!
Guess where I am in the Book of Mormon?! Yeah, Alma 14. (This is not a picture of Alma 14! There isn't one. This is a picture of Alma's conversion before he meets Amulek) This was the first thing 'I' taught on the mission. My trainer was struggling with things and in turn I struggled getting my voice heard. We were suppose to go and teach Bro. & Sis. Brown but Sis. Warren hadn't prepared a message, I had studied Alma 14 that morning as was dyeing for the opportunity to share my testimony!

I was able to testify of faith through this example! It was a remarkable experience to be invited into someones home to share a message of faith with them, and testify of things that happened 2000 years ago in another country! The scriptures contain words of wisdom! I love it!! They were touched as I am still today by the example of faith Alma and Amulek had!

If you haven't read it please do. Alma 14 (10-14). The faith testified in this one chapter is amazing to me!! I will never read it without remembering that day sitting at my desk reading this chapter, as if I had never read it before, preparing to teach the Browns about faith!

Have faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment