-Harry Potter changed the world.

When I was in (I think) 7th grade, mom was working at ZCMI. I was with her one night and she said she had found a book and thought I should start reading it (I was bored). As I started to read about a cat turning into a witch and a boy who did strange things, at first, I thought, this is silly. But I kept reading until it was done! I was hooked, I wanted the next one. Mom got me the second book, none of the others had been written by then.

It was the beginning of Harry Potter for me. It helped me realize that I liked to read, which no one could have convinced me before that I did. I read the first one before it become "Harry Potter", I'm a little proud of that fact, and now that they are at an 'end', I look back at this half a lifetime experience.

Think of how this book has changed the world we live in. It's crazy!!! Yes I was a sucker for them and I'm ok with that. Harry Potter book 7 came out two weeks after I left for my mission, I was sad about that. It was the first thing I read when I came home!!

The seventh and last harry potter movie just came out and a friend, Brooke Russell, bought me a ticket to go with her and her friends to see the first showing, 12:00am showing! I have never been more out of place! EVERYONE was dressed in harry potter attire, except the handful of us (I think I could literally count them on one hand). People screamed, and cheered, cried, laughed, everything that made this book great... just times by 200 people! I never would have gone had she not invited me, but I'm glad I was there to be apart of history!

Thank you JK Rowlings for helping me learn to love to read and open my eyes to imagination!!
No comments:
Post a Comment