31 July, 2011

Christmas in July

Lessons Learned:
-Any reason to have a party, is a good reason!
Someone once asked me what my opinion was regarding listening to Christmas Music? Can you listen to it all year, only during december, what?! My response, "I think you can listen to it whenever YOU want! But I think it's most sensible to listen to it three months out of the year. November, December, and July. Well... you need a little pick me up half way through the year!!"
To really get my Christmas fix this summer, I had a "Christmas in July" Party! Yup! It was GREAT! I sent out Santa invitations that I colored and told them about the fun to be had. Ashley Marie Jones, Kristina Barss, Ian and Rachel Conway, Meleea Larsen, and Jared Cambra were able to make it. We started by playing a "Name that Christmas Carol" game. Kristina won that one, then we got started on our "gingerbread houses".
We had some very creative... creations! Here we have them...
Afterwards we did a white elephant gift exchange and some good times! We listened to Christmas music the whole time too!
I was able to decorate with all (basically) homemade Christmas decorations! We had lots of sweets to go around too!
Take a look...
It was lots of fun and ended with giving of gifts (I gave everyone a Christmas CD)! Thanks for all those that came and helped me enjoy my Christmas fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment