-Teaching is Hard!
-New experiences are good for us.

Well, I received a new calling! I have been waiting and praying for one and had the impression that I would be a teacher and just assumed it would be in Relief Society. I was wrong, Bro. Castleberry pulled me aside and started by saying, "You should know that the reason you haven't received a calling until now is because the bishop has turned down every category of calling (ie. missionary, relief society, activities etc.). He has felt a little over protective, I would say, over you. We'd ask about about a calling, he'd say no, we'd ask, he'd say no, final, he said yes, and is every excited for you to have this calling. We'd like to call you to be a Gospel Doctrines Teacher."
~I laughed out loud! I mean it was very sweet of the bishop and made me feel special but... seriously?!
That isn't a calling I thought I would ever have. I'm not that kind-a teacher. But I said yes, of course, and got to work. Sunday was my first time teaching and it was really hard!! I had a very hard time getting anyone to participate, it was a long 40 minutes. I will have to adjust and learn how to teach this group, lets just say, it's not the same as teaching Relief Society.
I am excited to learn and help teach in this new calling.
It looks as though it will be an adventure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment