-I take it for granted...
You know, we hear the word 'Atonement' all the time at church, or in peoples prayers. But why? What does the Atonement really mean?Sunday I was able to teach what the 'Atonement' does for everyone and what it means to me and I'd like to share that with you.

When I was serving as a missionary in Charlotte NC, I struggled... a lot. It was about 8 months into my 18 months and I was in an area that didn't want us there. We couldn't find people to teach, we weren't allowed to tract, my companion and I didn't get along, my companion was breaking rules, and I was getting depressed. In the mist of my struggles, I get a call one morning from the Mission Pres. telling me that my Grandpa died.

It was hard... harder than anything I have EVER been through, and I was by myself, all alone. I didn't have anyone to comfort me in my time of trial. Until I opened my eyes... until I realized, I am NEVER alone... Jesus Christ knew exactly how I felt! I read two scriptures, one was Alma 7:11-12: where I have never been more grateful for his suffering until then, when I knew, He knew how to help me. The other was Luke 22: 42-44 , where Christ put his wants aside to help me... and you!
Why would he ever chose to suffer like that?! ...Because he loves me, because he loves you! It was the only way for him to know how to help us, to save us from our sins!
I am very grateful to my Savior for his love and suffering in OUR behalf.
I know that he loves me, and you, and that is why he suffered!!
Why would he ever chose to suffer like that?! ...Because he loves me, because he loves you! It was the only way for him to know how to help us, to save us from our sins!
I am very grateful to my Savior for his love and suffering in OUR behalf.I know that he loves me, and you, and that is why he suffered!!
No comments:
Post a Comment