24 May, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

Lessons Learned:
-Vegas has some beautiful spots!
We started the day off with visiting the St. George Temple. Walked around the grounds then went to the visitors center. There was a photography gallery showing that day so we went and saw that. It had some beautiful images! Afterward we started on our drive to Vegas. We went straight for the strip. I found a list of free things to do in Vegas and we saw everything on that list that we wanted too. First thing I see is Serendipity 3.
It is famous for it's frozen Hot Chocolate, yes I said Frozen Hot Chocolate. (it's like a Wendy's frosty and hot chocolate) We enjoyed that with some pizza for lunch.
After we went and made a wish at one of the many beautiful fountains at Caesars Palace.
Then we walked up to the Venetian and saw the beautiful painted ceilings and architecture!
We also saw the gondola's and while we were there one of them sang to the passengers. This makes me think... I would love Europe! Once we were done with my European dream we headed to The Flamingo for a magic comedy show.
Nathan Burton was on Americas Got Talent and won with a prize to have his show in Vegas. He did some amazing things.
However my favorite part about the show was the side shows between him setting up. One, i don't remember his name, was SO funny!! He did this high kick thing that made me laugh. He had some helpers, one of whom didn't speak English, they were suppose to help him onto his bike thing. Oh it was funny!!
Once this was over we went to the Bellagio and can I just say, wow. It was beautiful inside! We walked through some of the shops there...huh I will never be around such expensive items EVER again. I kept my hands in my pockets ya'll. Places like Gucci, Tiffany's Jewery, Chanel, Giorgio Armani and Prada.
After that we found the Conservatory. It smelled SOOOO great. If I could smell that everyday I would be happy! We continued to see the Worlds Largest Chocolate Fountain.
Yup! After seeing that we were hungry. We went to the Cheesecake Factory. I had their Lemoncello Cream Torte for an appetizer (ask if you need me to explain my theory of dessert first). Huh Hello! It was SO good. I didn't need any else but I got a little pasta to top if off.
After that we went back to the Bellagio to see what I was most excited to see, the fountains! They were beautiful. Really one on my favorite things I saw the entire trip. We watched two, one was a song from Moulin Rouge, and the other was a beautiful opera piece.
We thought we'd call it good for one day and ended at The Hunt's. Stacy is Kristina's cousin, and she and her husband were nice enough to let us stay with them for the weekend! Thanks Stacy and Matt:)

No comments:

Post a Comment