02 May, 2011

YSA Changes

Lessons Learned:
-Change is in the air.
On Thursday night we (all the YSA in Davis county) were asked to attend a meeting regarding the changes within the program. I went and had some powerful thoughts. As I walked in I was disappointed there wasn't more people, however there are a million things happening during the week that people might have other obligations. Once seated I was looking around as we began with prayer and song. The talk's that followed covered a range of the next comments. They talked about the goals of these changes. That we need responsibility and commitments. We NEED to help those who are not active or members. They shared experiences about reactivation and encouraged us to set a goal to invite, at least one, someone back to church. They said we have once choice with regards to where we will be attending. Either the 'family' ward in which you live, or the singles ward in which you live.
What stood out the most to me was Elder Ballards Talks. He spoke every prophetically, with such power. He stressed the importance of reactivation and to "graduate from the singles world into the married world". He said we are the future of the church and we need to step it up. We need to be prepared for 20 years from now and the best way for that to happen is to be married. He said it in such a way that made me feel that he was trying to warn us the only way they could. Like, 'Hey, something is going to happen and you need this!' I don't know how to describe it any other way.
On Sunday we had our first stake conference. We were told who our new Bishops are (mine's the same- Bishop Jibson) and our ward boundaries. I'm in the same ward, same building, same time, different people. My Stake Pres. is Pres. Boyer!! I'm excited about that. However when he spoke he mentioned that the stake holds 3000 records... it made me a little sick. There is a lot of work to be done.
I'm looking forward to this Sunday to see the new ward and members. God is preparing his Army!

No comments:

Post a Comment