10 March, 2011

Changing

Lessons Learned:
-My Father knows me... and you..
-I'm Very Grateful for the Spirit.
Please allow me to share an experience with you. On Sunday Feb. 27th as I was reading my scriptures, and a book about the Sacrament, I felt prompted to teach about change on the first Sunday in march. On Monday I called Ashlee and made sure that was okay. It was so I thought, now what? All I know is that I need to teach about change. What kind of change? like repentance change, responsibility change, growing up change... what. After reading I felt 'I need to send them (the sisters) an invitation to Relief Soceity-with a picture of a butterfly-with Changing written on it. I went to work on the invitation and picture. Finished those and sent them to costco to pick up on Tuesday. I grabs some envelops, stamps, my ward directory, a pen, and off to school I went. During one of my classes I sat there and addressed the envelops, stamped them, stuffed them with the invitations so when I picked up the pictures on my way to work I could stuff them and drop the off in the mail. It worked out. In the invitation I asked them to 'think of a time they felt the spirit so strong it changed them' and to please let me know if these experiences. On Wednesday I felt that I needed to have a musical number of a song I had heard while studying. I asked Crystal if she knew the song and if she knew anyone who could play for her. She knew it and performs it all the time- Beautiful!
Through out the rest of the weekend I heard from a few of them. It was neat to hear their experiences. On saturday night I had made plans to study and work on this lesson. I had a few things come to mind but nothing concrete. So I had to pray that the Lord would keep his promise of 'having things come to your mind in the moment of need'. He did- of course!
We went into with with a few main points with one of their experiences attached to it. Reasons we change- Self reflection, Faith & Hope, and Love. With love I expressed how music was a way for the spirit to teach me and help motivate me to change. 'I am not good with expressing how I really feel. I'm really not good at it because I'm not good with words. I wanted to express my testimony of my Savior the way I really felt but didn't know how. So I asked Crystal and JB to help me do that - through song.' I sat down and let them do their thing. I wish I could express the spirit in the room but I cant. It was moving- heart felt- strong- inspiring- loving- and full of the spirit. They did a wonderful job!
This was a changing experience for me I hope to never forget. I hope it helped you in some way!

1 comment: