30 March, 2011

Winner

Lessons Learned:
-I can do this!!!
I have been working very hard for this competition, and my business, for some time now. I knew it(the competition) was not only part of my grade but there was a prize promised. So I worked extra hard hoping for some extra cash. It's the LDS Business College Business Model Competition. An 8 minute presentation on your business model.
Things didn't go as planned. They decided that because it was the first ever at our school that it would be a 'great experience' for everyone involved. I was disappointed. I felt let down but I went anyway. I had spent a lot of time preparing a powerpoint and presentation. When it came down to it the projector wasn't working for anyone! I was the fifth person to present. The spirit was with me! I know I couldn't have done as well as I did with out him!
After everyone presented we waited to see who were the 1st thru 3rd placed winners. I was very surprised and happy when they said my name as 1st place!!
I've never won anything before. I was really excited and proud! I may not have a tangible prize but I did my best and it paid off!

4 comments:

  1. WAHOO!!! SOOO cool! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Shelly! What a great accomplishment! i'm also so proud of you. You are a very hard worker and deserve the credit. Cant wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome Chelle.. So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete